Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
At least, Gas can't say that the match was boring - he was to busy running around :)

Reactions: Noleoleoleole

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Steamrolled Gasquet as if he was nothing. Meanwhile Nadal concedes set to Sock. Won't matter in the next match, but interesting to note.

·
Registered
351 Posts
An incredible stat; since 2011 Djokovic is 39-1 against French players, with the only loss being to Tsonga last year in Canada Open. :worship:

Another interesting tidbit; in 2012 and 2014 he had 10 wins, while in 2011 and 2013 9 wins, but so far this year (with almost half of the year being over), this is only the first victory against a French player. Will he catch up to the #9 by the end so as not to ruin an average? ;):p

·
Premium Member
21,419 Posts
Djokovic relentless. He didn't even have to try. He played his B/C game and still destroyed Gasguet.

I just don't understand what is wrong with Richie's shot selection.

It was just so silly. He was so talented. He tried some silly stuff. You do not go into long rallies with Djokovic. He is gonna kill you.

I'm not even sure what Richie's plan was, or if he even had any plans.

I thought, back in 2005/06, he was going to be the next big thing. I also recognized at that time that Djokovic and Murray would get somewhere ... I was so wrong about Gasquet though.
Well, Bodo talks a lot of things, but back in the early 2007 he mentioned something about Gasquet simply not being good enough, and it was spot on I guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
people keep forgetting that Gasquet still owns Nishikori in terms of h2h at least, so it's not fair to jump on the conclusion that he's a punchbag when facing top players⋯⋯

but his career is basically done, which is a diagnosis that's not entirely based on yesterday's match⋯⋯

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

41 - 46 of 46 Posts