Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edmund did well considering the way the fifth set ended.

·
29,637 Posts
Epic match that- often the best matches at slams are the wars on the outside courts and that was no different. Hats off to Edmund, that forehand's a money shot, and to Robert for being a true character with a fun game.

Edmund looked nowhere near that level against Haase in Miami, how things change quickly. Moves well on a clay court too.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
one thing's for sure, Kyrgios is absolutely going to destroy Edmund on next round.

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
I am really sad that Robert couldn't win this. He is outside the Top 500 and needs the points badly. He is also such a great guy.

Anyways, Edmund should have won and did win. I think he will stand no chance against Kyrgios though.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Fantastic composure to get through that from Kyle. Just played his game. Soon to compete with Aljaz for the British No.2 spot. Loved the match.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Really fun and dramatic match. Impressive mental stability and hunger from Edmund, but expect him to be exposed against Kyrgios's greater firepower.

Edmund up to 98 in the live rankings, but not quite guaranteed to enter the top 100 for the first time, as a few players could yet overtake him this week.

Andy Murray came to watch towards the end - I doubt this was to scout a potential third round opponent.

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
Really fun and dramatic match. Impressive mental stability and hunger from Edmund, but expect him to be exposed against Kyrgios's greater firepower.

Edmund up to 98 in the live rankings, but not quite guaranteed to enter the top 100 for the first time, as a few players could yet overtake him this week.

Andy Murray came to watch towards the end - I doubt this was to scout a potential third round opponent.

Very nice :yeah:

Hopefully no one asked him for a selfie.

·
Registered
24,604 Posts

Very nice :yeah:

Hopefully no one asked him for a selfie.
The woman in the white coat looks as if she's about to pull the Berdych 'too good' face.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
there is a God...Good latter..

Kyle has his chances against Nick, be sure this is gonna be epic.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts