Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laughable from Norrie, Benchetrit won a set here last year vs Monfils then struggled winning those 4 games he got after that.

One thing I'm not looking forward to with the grass season is the BBC pundits trying to delude the British public into thinking Norrie's any good.

·
MONSOON season.
81,405 Posts
something had to be up with norrie. there's no way he was 100% and losing to benchetrit let alone in this way
He posted on Instagram "Ready to kick it off tomorrow here at the French. Grateful to be fit & healthy, now it’s time to enjoyyyy."

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
@;
He posted on Instagram "Ready to kick it off tomorrow here at the French. Grateful to be fit & healthy, now it’s time to enjoyyyy."
yes but like i said in live commentary something could have happened after that. he could have woken up sick.

i dont know. maybe it was just an off day at the office but ..come on losing like this to benchetrit?. that just doesnt happen

·
Registered
968 Posts
About him being possibly injured: i watched most of the match (... why did i do that!?) and didnt notice anything being wrong injury-wise. He just got outplayed.

I do agree with the ones here who have posted that Norrie doesnt seem very fit for an athlete.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Norrie is simply an awful player and he has got ugly techinque on his groundstrokes. Glad he is out.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Laughable from Norrie, Benchetrit won a set here last year vs Monfils then struggled winning those 4 games he got after that.

One thing I'm not looking forward to with the grass season is the BBC pundits trying to delude the British public into thinking Norrie's any good.
Rather one (or many) may realize when also Edmund will flop in not winning anything noteworthy in next few years that British male tennis (singles) may be in a big hole after Murray's retirement – again.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rather one (or many) may realize when also Edmund will flop in not winning anything noteworthy in next few years that British male tennis (singles) may be in a big hole after Murray's retirement – again.
Yeah I agree, I like Edmund but his BH will never be good enough and he just doesn't seem to have that fire in him that the top players do.

When we won the DC our team may as well have been named Andy Murray + some other blokes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts