Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From two sets to love down, Nicolas Mahut defeats defending semifinalist, that must be the upset of the year 0:)

Just curious, has anyone checked Betfair odds on the exchange at 2-6, 6-7? Probably close to 200/1?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
:eek:

Cecchinato :eek:

Mahut absolutely gunning on the last game there but what an upset considering Cecchinato's SF run last year.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Have you ever seen one trick pony ? His name is Cecchinato

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Truly embarrassing.

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
cecchinato undoubtedly one of the most over ranked guys on tour. no way should he be top 20. he cant play well off clay . i said last year his run was a fluke and he's done nothing to make me think otherwise. i mean..the guy has only ever once won a grand slam match and that was uring his fluke run last year. thats pathetic for a supposed top 20 player

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Must be very difficult playing in front of a crowd like that. Mahut behaving as if he won the title.
Marco will be mega pissed.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Mental giant this Mahut :boxing:

From two sets to love down, Nicolas Mahut defeats defending semifinalist, that must be the upset of the year 0:)

Just curious, has anyone checked Betfair odds on the exchange at 2-6, 6-7? Probably close to 200/1?
Nothing suspicious at all about this R1 upset of an accused fixer, of course.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the way I remember Nicolas Mahut beating Pablo Cuevas on clay, I think in 2016 or 2017, some folks on this forum saying it was the most surprising result in the while. I did think of this match when checking the odds but never thought Nicolas Mahut has this in him in 2019, especially in best of 5 sets.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I like both players
I feel bad for Cecchinato

but so happy for Mahut that hug with his son :awww: beautiful scenes

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
one hit wonder, cannot even beat part time singles player these days, on his favourite surface and Mahut's least favourite

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Most of you guys are waaay to young to remember but Nicolas took Andy Roddick to the woodshed on this very court ages ago, his game is very effective with these light balls, I was appalled to see losing S1 6-2, then real values were back in place so it was really a 50-50% match at best. Kudos to my french friends, Nico has many supportes here.

·
Registered
57,595 Posts
Most of you guys are waaay to young to remember but Nicolas took Andy Roddick to the woodshed on this very court ages ago, his game is very effective with these light balls, I was appalled to see losing S1 6-2, then real values were back in place so it was really a 50-50% match at best. Kudos to my french friends, Nico has many supportes here.
Roddick was not even top 50 on clay at that point

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Unexpected result, but Cecchinato was not going anywhere near last year result anyway. Crowd got to Cecchinato in last game tho, chanting "Nico, Nico!" over his serve preparation and ball toss, not giving a fuck about umpires half-assed "s'il vous plait" attempts.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Cecchinato just had one fluke run, didn't win a match at RG before. It's like Edmund getting to SF of AO and then being knocked out in first round by Berdych this year.

If it was Theim or Del Potro much bigger earthquake result.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts