Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decent match. Tiafoe had a 3-0 lead in the third. He could have taken a set. Congrats Klizan :)

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Tennis4Lyf is back :worship:

Saw for the first time Tiafoe. Man, hope that's not the future of tennis, don't like his tennis. As for Klizan what can be said? An incredible human being, reaching Top10 will be the next thing.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Tiafoe's game is ugly as hell, especially that forehand.
It is horrible, awful weird low take back thing, heaven knows how he will hit that shot on a fast surface.

This could have been 2, 1 and 1 had Klizan not gone mental walkabout to go 0-3 down in the 3rd set.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Decent match. Tiafoe had a 3-0 lead in the third. He could have taken a set. Congrats Klizan :)
Decent by Klizan only. That´s the right word as well. Nothing more can be said about his performance today. Frances was too bad in the first 2 sets. He made the 3rd a bit competitive thanks to improved serving but he got dominated in the rallies anyway. Klizan looks healthy and he was pretty solid but I would rather remain careful with the predictions for him.

Nice handshake by Frances though, I have seen him playing much better than today. Klizan´s pace & length was probably too much for him to handle but still. Lots of work to do.

As for Klizan, it all depends on Simon´s health now (R2).

Reactions: Tennis4Lyf

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
Tiafoe was absolutely pathetic in many rallies, I know that he is still young, though his style is really rubbish and won't bode well for the future (when transitioned to main ATP tour).

Klizan wasn't exceptional today, just needed to stay in the rallies or hit it a bit deep and Tiafoe sprayed an error.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Welcome back, mate. Why did you request for a temporary ban btw?

New Top 10 Klizan to stroll through the 7 matches. :cool:

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Tiafoe is all PR, no real prospect really.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Reactions: 92738
1 - 20 of 34 Posts