Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well at least he made it a tight 3rd set. it honestly didnt even look like he cared at all through the first 2 sets

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
RG R1: Gasquet def. Tomic 6-2 6-1 7-5

Immaculate performance from the Frenchman. I'm happy with the way he wasn't staying behind the baseline as he often does. Clay is obviously the worst surface for Tomic, good luck to him in the grass season!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tomic was mediocre and tanking from middle of first set to the third set - Third set was a bit more competitive, upped 1st serve % and produced more outright winners. Gasquet doesn't seem that rusty tbh

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
He was probably using tanking as a weapon to be fresh for third set.
one set maybe. two sets is disaster.

and lets be real tomic is not a top player and i doubt he ever will be.
if he has a weapon i sure missed it.

gasquet coming off an injury shouldnt have had it this easy
but i am glad he did!

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Respect Gasquet for getting rid of this menace for tennis. Again, Tomic should not even be playing tennis. Horrible attitude ... we all know his issues with his dad... drives like a madman in Australia. The guy is too much of a playboy and not enough of a tennis player.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Nobody post a picture of Tomug labeled by OVERRATED ? :shrug:

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Better player won.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Bernard could give absolutely no fucks as usual.

I thought perhaps he might find motivation against someone whose injury induced mobility was obvious....

But no. :speakles:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nobody post a picture of Tomug labeled by OVERRATED ? :shrug:
Of course not. Just take a look at who is posting those "overrated" pictures, and you will know all you need to know :)

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
B-Nard winning 5 games in a set is pretty much the equivalent of him winning the title.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
Tomic desperately needs a physical trainer.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
He had one, that is if he didn't fire him in the meantime
Well, what on earth was the trainer doing? Tomic has always been in pathetic shape. His composition looks like that of a 17 year old.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts