Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
darn. well. max winning here was a longshot. tsitsipas has just become so unlikeable in a very short period of time. huge ego on this guy. you can just tell he thinks he's god's gift to the sport

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
2018 Marterer would have taken set at least, but he hasn't been healthy lately.
2nd round should be even easier for Stefanos, Delien isn't that good to trouble him.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Comfortable win for Tsitsipas :sport: OTOH Marterer's woes continue as his ranking takes a nosedive :tears: Fitness still an issue for him as, even in the tight third set, the German strived to shorten points with the FH or DS.

·
Registered
379 Posts
darn. well. max winning here was a longshot. tsitsipas has just become so unlikeable in a very short period of time. huge ego on this guy. you can just tell he thinks he's god's gift to the sport
I think I’ve seen you (or maybe it was someone else) say this multiple times now. Why do you think Tsitsipas thinks like this? He seems very intelligent and gives real, genuine answers unlike guys like Kyrgios who try so hard to act like they don’t care or others who offer little insight. Also, didn’t people used to say this about Federer too?

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I think I’ve seen you (or maybe it was someone else) say this multiple times now. Why do you think Tsitsipas thinks like this? He seems very intelligent and gives real, genuine answers unlike guys like Kyrgios who try so hard to act like they don’t care or others who offer little insight. Also, didn’t people used to say this about Federer too?
because he's always got excuses for why he loses and he almost never gives credit to the opponent, its always a reason why. he is fine when he's winning an things are going well but a brat when he loses.

he's a poor sport and he just has the feel that entitled heir about him

·
Registered
421 Posts
Confidence is so often misconstrued by people who lack it. Combine that with other nasty human emotions (like jealousy) and you have your answer.

·
justice for all
13,146 Posts
Convincing win for Stef, kept his composure to close this in 3 sets. He's here to do some damage in the later rounds not to lose sets to average players.

·
3,235 Posts
because he's always got excuses for why he loses and he almost never gives credit to the opponent, its always a reason why. he is fine when he's winning an things are going well but a brat when he loses.

Sounds like Fedal honestly

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Tsitsipas has an interesting personality. On the one hand, he is very confident about himself and I think he needs that in order to be a high-performance athlete. But, he also has a terrible temper, and it's been on display quite a few times, most notably, when he destroyed the head set at last year's NextGen finals. There was absolutely no need for that. I sense a bit of arrogance about him too, but perhaps that's his youthful confidence. I don't know him, so I can't say.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Opponents can drag your level down a bit, unimpressive tennis but we know he can play better. Still not sure about his chances of making SF though.

·
Registered
379 Posts

Not sure if you played sports growing up, but I will say if you lose to someone less talented than you and/or you didn’t play well then there typically is a “why” for that outcome. I guess I haven’t noticed him saying that much tbh. I’ve noticed how he often talks about what he’s learned and is always looking to learn how to improve and be a better player. That doesn’t sound entitled to me...

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Yes re federer, many still say it, and they're right thinking they're "god's gift to tennis"
But both are way better than Kyr for sure, in the ego and tennis department

·
Registered
6,069 Posts

I liked tsitsi alot and still like him, but I have seen what you refer to
Last time he lost to Nadal he was getting super pissed, as though he expected to beat Nadal again
and I just see in general a change in him

as his he moves up the ranks his ego enlarges, I've seen this with so many players
I don't think tsitsi is a "brat" yet but he has changed for sure

1 - 20 of 29 Posts