15,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RG R1: Murray def Arguello 6-3, 6-3, 6-1

easy peasy.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Re: RG R1: Murray def Arguello 6-3, 6-3, 6-1

Looked pretty windy out there and the court looks extremely slow.

1 down, 6 to go.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts

Easy stuff for the KOC.

11-0 :worship:

6 to go

·
Registered
893 Posts
The king of clay is back!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

Arguello was going for all the shots during the 1st set but run out of gas at the middle of 1st set. Played some good rallys at space. Actually I don't know how Arguello lost to Elias on FQR.

Murray is playing Sousa/Pospisil next. On such a slow court, it would be fun to see Sousa facing Murray AGAIN. Maybe he could take a set here.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Arguello was going for all the shots during the 1st set but run out of gas at the middle of 1st set. Played some good rallys at space. Actually I don't know how Arguello lost to Elias on FQR.

Murray is playing Sousa/Pospisil next. On such a slow court, it would be fun to see Sousa facing Murray AGAIN. Maybe he could take a set here.
Unless your idea of fun is deliberate, agonising torture then I can't see what's appealing about Murray vs Sousa on a slow court.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts

:spit: As if. Sousa has no chance of getting anywhere near a set.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
too good, just too good. Arguello fought well, but he was just outclassed all the time, Murray too dominant on serve, and put pressure on pretty much every single return game. Sousa will probably be his next opponent... shouldn't be too tough.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

:spit: As if. Sousa has no chance of getting anywhere near a set.
Well, Murray version Madrid will win in 3. But Sousa made an ATP final last week in clay and if Murray plays like today, there's a chance for Sousa, actually.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts