Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Damn, missed it. But once again the lack of floodlight completely destroys a match and its rhythm. Vastly prefer Edmund over Chardy, though.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Great win!
YNWA

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I watched it and I'm too tired to comment. I wanted Chardy to win. I know some Brits will get pissed but I dislike Edmund for many different reasons. Too cocky ... a cheater etc.

I hate to judge but I can't help it when it comes to Edmund. People who do understand tennis will know what I am talking about. There is one or two matches that he was dishonest but I will not go there.

Miss Murray though :smile2:. As crazy as he is, he is a different character. Why did I type all of this? I don't know :nerd:.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Chardy was highly likely to win, last night, when play stopped. He was unbreakable, and played better in rallies! I didn't catch today. Sucks for Chardy!

·
The special one
14,022 Posts
Anyone saw what happend today?

also congrats @cmchelsea
I watched it last night. Both players were coming up with some pretty impressive shot making at times, Chardy at times was redlining completely and was serving very well towards the end, probably should've won the 4th set more comfortably than he did.

I couldn't watch the measly 2 games today, but both players wanted to stay out there, if the match had went to 6-6 or 7-7 without a winner being decided then it can be justified to stop the match, but the match should've been able to finish, they were barely on court 5 mins today from what I heard, should've finished last night imo.

Much needed win for Kyle though, he's been on a big losing streak so this will do him good, he really had to dig in in this match. I think Cuevas will beat him in R2, hope im wrong of course.

·
Registered
419 Posts
He looked exhausted to me, and Edmund looked unhappy that they couldn't finish it out.
Chardy was @1.5 (even more of a favorite than he was before the match started) and barely dropping a point on serve. Presumably, things were not the same when they resumed today. Both players were playing well, and wanted to finish yesterday. What of it?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Anyone saw what happend today?
Edmund won 8 points to two. Kyle hit some nice shots, Chardy didn't. Not much to see today.
Ironically, I didn't watch last night as I expected Kyle to lose this quickly as his confidence and play have been quite poor since April (which was also the last time he won a match).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts