Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Bad luck with a draw. Hoping for a better ones for Hubert in next tournaments.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Beautiful. Djokovic is ready to save tennis, I can feel it.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Very good performance by Novak, definitely better than I expected in round 1. He was so solid on his serve and frustrated HH with good returns. I'm happy with this quick and easy match.
As for Hubert, it wasn't the best day for him. Except set 1 he looked subpar. His usually poker face showed signs of frustration very often - game of his rival had a lot to do with it as well. Hopefully this lesson from the champion will help in the future.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
All business. Not letting the grip loosen at any point. Some nice hard hitting too, didn't let Hurkacz take control in rallies because he was the one striking the blow first. Serve was as accurate as it gets, and had some additional juice on it today.

Good 1st round stuff, energy preserved.

#nottoobad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Nobody really expected Hurkacz to win this match. Djokovic is the wall and he is too solid.

The problem that I have is that most younger players are trying to hit the ball harder and harder and they do not use their brains. They get frustrated so easily. Hurkacz was checking out almost every ball. It was like 'how come it's not in'. Well it wasn't in. Move on.

I always say, try to think. Have some kinda strategy. Have a plan B. Hurkacz is a good young player but, but ... Djokovic was toying with him.

I have a new theory. Young people are stupid. Sorry guys :tape::happy::lol:.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
great serving and returns, with droppers working again and totally focused on his own performance. a easy three setter then is almost booked in advance.
the natural faves looking good so far, curious about domi later.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Very nice from Novak who is working on his backhand down the line which he didn't seem confident enough to use too much in Rome and which led to much longer matches.

HH really has no idea what to do besides serve; even when he gets weak replies he hesitates too much in moving up in the court and just lets the opponent reset.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Very nice from Novak who is working on his backhand down the line which he didn't seem confident enough to use too much in Rome and which led to much longer matches.

HH really has no idea what to do besides serve; even when he gets weak replies he hesitates too much in moving up in the court and just lets the opponent reset.
Yep, great summary. Pretty much this is what happend.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Using the terms „djokovic“ and „save tennis“ in the same sentence is very bold. I hope for federer to save tennis instead and beat them both back to back.
Not only that. But coming from a swiss flag and pic of Federer, this guy has multple personalitys.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts