Reactions: OnyxRose and n00b

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Congrats. One match at a time, King!

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Rumours are saying Djokovic hit more drophots than the match had points. Sadly Ymer won less than 0 of these points, this one included.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nadal won the last 6 games of his match, while Djokovic got worse and worse in his....
he was too busy winning Rome while Rafito went fishing, remember?

·
King Of Tennis
3,657 Posts
32-0. Easy match, pretty boring with how straightforward it was but somehow still fun to watch King toy with that Dustin Brown wannabe. He looked much better than Rafa and Thiem did yesterday. I don't see him losing his first match of the year in this form.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I watched second half of this match and Novak looked pretty comfortable out there. From what the commentator said the first part of the match was much better by him. Good, quick victory.

·
Premium Member
29,535 Posts
Perfect opening opponent for Novak. Feeding him slow, steady balls. Novak was dicking around for most of it, practicing dropshots and still won easily.

Mikael... I hate to say this as a fellow swede, but he is truly a weak player. It's not just that he hits the ball softly, he doesn't actually have any weapons at all. A lot of pushers/grinders at least have impressive speed (De Minaur, prime Simon) or a good serve (Monfils, Roddick), but Mikael has none of that. He doesn't even play with depth, a lot of his rally balls today landed just beyond the service line.
Just tragic to see, because as a junior he was way more promising than his brother. I thought that Sweden would at least get a strong player to root for, but this... It looks like he's basically hit his ceiling.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Expected easy match, Ymer has no weapons to even slightly challenge Djokovic. Berankis next round won't be much more difficult, nor will Sandgren/Galan. The draw in the first rounds couldn't possibly have been much easier. The tournament will really start for Djokovic in R4, where Garin or Khachanov could provide a first indication of his real level.

·
King Of Tennis
3,657 Posts
I watched only second half of this match and Novak looked pretty comfortable out there. From what the commentator said the first part of the match was much better by him. Good, quick victory.
Once it was clear Ymer had nothing to hurt him, King started experimenting for the future rounds with dropshots etc. Like bhdtl said if he wanted to he could've won with an even more convincing scoreline. But 6-0 6-2 6-3, he didn't need to do anything more.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Perfect opening opponent for Novak. Feeding him slow, steady balls. Novak was dicking around for most of it, practicing dropshots and still won easily.

Mikael... I hate to say this as a fellow swede, but he is truly a weak player. It's not just that he hits the ball softly, he doesn't actually have any weapons at all. A lot of pushers/grinders at least have impressive speed (De Minaur, prime Simon) or a good serve (Monfils, Roddick), but Mikael has none of that. He doesn't even play with depth, a lot of his rally balls today landed just beyond the service line.
Just tragic to see, because as a junior he was way more promising than his brother. I thought that Sweden would at least get a strong player to root for, but this... It looks like he's basically hit his ceiling.
😂

·
Premium Member
29,535 Posts
Dropshots will cost Djokovic dearly in the later rounds. Book it.
I also noticed that someone like Tsitsipas/Thiem/Nadal would easily catch those and dispose of them.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't wanna be a smartass, but you seem to have accidentaly put an exclamation mark in the thread name. Gj for the speed btw.
was a bit surprised tho...expected a longer match

Reactions: n00b
1 - 20 of 74 Posts