Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Re: RG QF: [3]Federer leading [24]Wawrinka 7-6(4) 4-6 7-6(5) (interrupted due to thun

You should add the 4th set score, it’s tied at 3-3. First two sets were meh, third and fourth sets were quite entertaining with glimpses of peak Stan and crafty shotmaking by Fed. I would have backed Fed to take this in 4 without the break, but now it largely lies on how quickly they get back into form after the match resumes.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Federer and those BP's, is this a record?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Re: RG QF: [3]Federer leading [24]Wawrinka 7-6(4) 4-6 7-6(5) (interrupted due to thun

very entertaining, Stan was so much stronger than I thought he'd be after the battle with Stefanos. I still think Stan can win it.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts

On SL the contest between tanking and bending over going as expected. The gladiatorial battle to the death on PC also going as expected.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Stan will comeback fresh and play his A game to seal it in 5. Much needed break for him.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts

Federer's performance surpassed all my expectations...I mean, this guy is 37 going 38, still punching the ball like his life depended on it...just amazing to see and I felt something like watching him at 2017 AO at this point. Unbelievable. Regardless of whether he advances to SF, he has already had a very good tournament here.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Good match but kinda predictable with the same 2 things we have always seen in Federer matches: his horrendous bp conversion and him winning tiebreaks.

·
The special one
14,024 Posts
Re: RG QF: [3]Federer leading [24]Wawrinka 7-6 4-6 7-6 3-3* (interrupted due to thund

Great match, only started watching from the end of the 2nd because itv thought it was a good idea to put Konta/Stephens on instead. Hope Federer doesn't regret not taking some of these BP chances, most of them were well saved by Stan tbf. Got a feeling this goes to 5.

·
justice for all
13,116 Posts
Re: RG QF: [3]Federer leading [24]Wawrinka 7-6 4-6 7-6 3-3* (interrupted due to thund

This has been a poor match so far. Stan played good only when down break points, Fed only at the beginning of the match and in the TB-s. The rest of it was garbage.

But at least we have the drama as some consolation for a bad level of play.

EDIT: surprised so many people see it as a good match. It is dramatic so for that reason it's good to watch but the quality is meh, just check out the unforced errors - they are nearing 100 in 3,5 sets.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

I don't think this delay is good for Wawrinka. Federer is a fast starter these days (even more than he used to be). He completely dominated the first set. It was only because Wawrinka was insanely clutch that he didn't break him. Of course if Wawrinka continues to be that clutch all bets are off.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts

Excellent match, too bad Fed did not wrap it in 3 already.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

TBH at his age, I don't hold BP conversion against him like I would in 2007. Remember 1/17 against [email protected] FO finals? That was a disgrace!

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts

Great match so far from both guys. They both have exceeded my expectations. Hope this rain delay doesn't disrupt Federer's rhythm and he can come out and get the job done in 4.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

This has been a poor match so far. Stan played good only when down break points, Fed only at the beginning of the match and in the TB-s. The rest of it was garbage.

But at least we have the drama as some consolation for a bad level of play.

EDIT: surprised so many people see it as a good match. It is dramatic so for that reason it's good to watch but the quality is meh, just check out the unforced errors - they are nearing 100 in 3,5 sets.
If you think this match is poor you know nothing about tennis.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

On SL the contest between tanking and bending over going as expected. The gladiatorial battle to the death on PC also going as expected.
Wawrinka doesn't bend over on clay, he's just fatigued.

Fed tried very hard to give away that 3rd set however.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

yep, that's why Federer is not regretting IMO, and kept his mental composure. They were either aces, crazy winners. few of them were shanks but that's tennis for you.

Think Federer will break Stan right after the break and win the match in 30 min.

RG just announced play will not resume till 18:00 local time.
It's almost 6 already.

Anyone got updates ?

No tweets from the official tournament twitter handle

1 - 20 of 129 Posts