Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW: Chung [1/WC] or Donaldson?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Do you know where the draws can be found? I'm checking the Roland Garros website, but it's a real mess. Also can't even find the tournament schedule, order of play, etc... Help would be appreciated!

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Draw: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/qs/qsdraw.pdf

As for Chung - it'll be a big ask. He's flying from Seoul and will be exhausted & jetlagged, he's played a TON of tennis recently, and I don't think red clay is his most comfortable surface (and he hasn't played on it in donkey's years). But he's a good player and I'm not gonna count him out.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Great 1st round matchup. Chung is the better player, but he's probably exhausted from his recent run so I think Jared will take the win.

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Chung will take this, even taking into account the number of matches he has played recently (and on a different surface).

Donaldson put up a good fight for the RG WC and I like his game. But he struggled against players that were weaker than Chung. Last week he got routined by Pouille.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
I'm ready to ban myself if Donaldson ever makes a GS final.
Well you've got a few years left then, enjoy till it last. JD to make a slam final is pretty much a guarantee imho.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wow, this could be a very interesting match. I think Donaldson is the one that Jeff Salzenstein pegged as the one to watch this year.

But, I am hoping for Chung in 2!

Harry

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Well you've got a few years left then, enjoy till it last. JD to make a slam final is pretty much a guarantee imho.
I disagree. Time will tell.

Seeing Chung in a GS final someday would be equally as shocking.
I'm still uncertain about that, but I'm pretty sure there was never such an ugly forehand in a GS final. Edberg's looks like a beauty in comparison.

·
Registered
878 Posts
... but I'm pretty sure there was never such an ugly forehand in a GS final. Edberg's looks like a beauty in comparison.
I agree that his forehand looks a little weird. But, once he goes into a forward swing, he does have a straight arm forehand like Nadal and Federer.

According to this high performance coach, that is a huge advantage.
http://blog.tennisspeed.com/

Great content by the way if you are serious about playing tennis.

Harry

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Gutted about this one. Both are good enough for the main draw and are great talents. Seems theirs a personal vendetta to make sure Chung doesn't get to the main draw. Can't call this one.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Chung will take this in 2 watched Donaldson on clay vs Pouille he was awful

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The question is whether Chung even remembers how to play on clay. He's basically jumping into the mud with no clay warmup whatsoever. I think he's looking ahead at Wimbledon already.

Still, Donaldson is not exactly a world beater on clay either, so this match might turn out to be a total mugfest.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The question is whether Chung even remembers how to play on clay. He's basically jumping into the mud with no clay warmup whatsoever. I think he's looking ahead at Wimbledon already.

Still, Donaldson is not exactly a world beater on clay either, so this match might turn out to be a total mugfest.
Delay everything by a quarter second. Problem solved. :lol::lol::lol:

Seeded number 1 it looks like. Go Chung!

Harry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts