Votes: 41 53.9%
  • USO

Votes: 35 46.1%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think which slam is more valuable overall? We can agree that Wimbledon is the most important slam, because of tradition, grass, everything it is just No.1, also we can agree that AO is 4th most important from slams- it is great, i love that tournament, but, because of history and everything i still see it clearly last slam, but between USO and RG what is more? probably when you are clay-courter you prefer RG, when you are American, or someone who preferes HC is USO. BUt overall what feeling you have that for all greats players what is more important- most of them failed to win RG.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Couple years ago, I would've said USO. Now that RG is the faster surface, I would have to say clay is the better determining factor on speed, strength, agility, finesse.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
US Open- Biggest Venue in the biggest city.Bigesst number of attendees.
everything is biggger in US Open. The only thing that separates Wimby is the tradition.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
They are all just as important. Wimbledon is the most prestigious, followed by Roland Garros. There's a difference between importance and prestige...

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It's close. There have been definite times where the USO was getting close to WImbledon. But nothing will ever match Wimbledon's tradition. The USO is probably a tiny bit more prestigious than RG but it fluctuates. The USO being bigger, having more fans, and higher prize money makes the difference, I think.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
What do you think which slam is more valuable overall? We can agree that Wimbledon is the most important slam, because of tradition, grass, everything it is just No.1, also we can agree that AO is 4th most important from slams- it is great, i love that tournament, but, because of history and everything i still see it clearly last slam, but between USO and RG what is more? probably when you are clay-courter you prefer RG, when you are American, or someone who preferes HC is USO. BUt overall what feeling you have that for all greats players what is more important- most of them failed to win RG.
Today, including Wimbledon, they are EQUAL! The Wimby superiority is pure BS!

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
I prefer RG. I think it's equal though.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There's another HC slam. Winning RG means you can win on a completely different surface to grass and HC.
Before Rafa won the USO last year which one - he or Pete Sampras had the more glaring hole in their resume?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
W > RG = USO > AO

RG has the advantage of prestige, tradition, unique surface.
USO has the advantage of biggest stadium in the sport, night matches, modernity.

However, if I had my personal choice, I would have preferred it if Novak had won RG instead of USO. But I'll take his results this year just fine.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are all just as important. Wimbledon is the most prestigious, followed by Roland Garros. There's a difference between importance and prestige...
Yes on paper all are 2000 points worthred, but i mean importance for players- but agree about prestige.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
W > RG = USO > AO

RG has the advantage of prestige, tradition, unique surface.
USO has the advantage of biggest stadium in the sport, night matches, modernity.

However, if I had my personal choice, I would have preferred it if Novak had won RG instead of USO. But I'll take his results this year just fine.
That's it.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Big seems to be the word surrounding the US Open. Big this and big that. But that doesn't make it any better than French Open. FO in my opinion has more value and tradition, but in terms of winning it, it is probably of less worth than USO to the players.

After Wimbledon, it would definately be USO closely followed by FO. More shambles like this year won't help it though.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts