Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all swiss final.
Both are promising as I wrote on the players threads.

Stricker played a fantastic tournament.

Don't forget we have other young guns as well.

Swiss tennis will stay huge.

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From SRF: -Stricker konnte mit seinem Aufschlag glänzen. Den Start in die Partie hat Riedi verpasst. Der 1. Satz ging nach nur 24 Minuten an Stricker. (Stricked served well)
-Im 2. Satz konnte Riedi mithalten. Am Ende spielt er aber mit etwas weniger Präzision als Stricker und zieht den Kürzeren. (2nd set was more open)
-Seit 2003 konnte kein Schweizer den Final beim Juniorenturnier in Paris bestreiten. Der letzte Sieg holte 2003 Stan Wawrinka. (last swiss winner was someone who is called "Wawrinka" in 2003) ;)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Not really, they both had the potential to go deep in this tournament, now one of them will be out after R1.
Do you know what the emoji in the end of my post means?

But even without it, this current tournament is probably as good in terms of talent, if not better, than the CH one, which Stricker won. So not a great chance they would meet here and best to just go ahead and have the match right away.

All these dudes - Lehecka, Peniston, Vrbensky, Virtanen, Jay Clarke, Tiurnev, Brouwer, Escoffier, even Karvloskiy...they are as good as pretty much anybody from that Lugano challenger draw.

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stricker retired. Hopefully Riedi can win this tournament now.
Kym also in here.

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear @umbrellapub
I wrote hopefully. This is not my pick or my expertise.
Only my hope as a Swiss fan.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Well Riedi goes out against Van Rijthoven after 3rd set TB. He led the match by 7-5 1*-0 having not dropped serve by then and led the TB 4-2.

But as @HollowTip mentioned up above its insane field here. There was talk about how the Riedi/Stricker clash ruined their 'potential late meeting' but the way it played it just ensured that atleast one of them made the 2nd round. Might not have been the case had they not drawn each other.

And thats not to downplay the youngsters. They have huge potential and plenty of things to come for them.

I will cheer for Cazaux to win it all after being down 1-5 in 3rd set during his 1R match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts