Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ridiculous tennis from Le Chapeau in the first three sets, flagrant UEbotting and service muggery. Perhaps even uglier than pushrevism. Was yelling a lot and roasting Youzhny, not sure if that's helpful. Managed to steer the ship afterwards but unreliable weapons and lack of slice variety were telling heavily as Denis was forced to engage in many long rallies to put the unyielding RCB away. Then the evitable jitters serving for it happened, and here we are.

Dimitrov loves this draw indeed, @Haneul might want to say something?

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
At *5-4 30-15 Shapovalov in the 5th, RCB hit a ball out that was incorrectly deemed in by Carlos Ramos. Argument and 2 errors followed.

He served for the match again at *6-5 but RCB played a brilliant game to break back.

Another match decided by a bad call on clay. Ridiculous. This has to be the last RG played without electronic line calling.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Baena's defensive backhand was Big Novak like at times.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Player with a tennis IQ won

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Oof...tough, tough loss for Denis.

5 hours and he should have finished it off in the 5th set.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I wouldn't put this one on one bad call. I don't consider Shapovalov a choker either. It was more like he was disappointed in that last game, lost his focus and missed 2 volleys in a row. He's too emotional for his own good sometimes. Also, gotta give props to Carballes Baena, he played his heart out.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Strange match. Shapo was good at times, but very bad at times.

RCB a bad matchup for him, bit of a pusher. Made him play too many balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
Wow, insane

·
Registered
237 Posts
The match was on Denis' racket and he threw it away even though he was robbed of his two MPs.

Congrats on CB though, he looks like a great guy and a great fighter.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Lol, first time watching this guy and he beats a seeded player in 5. Guy is a typical Spanish claycourter as far as I've seen, solid BH and FH, loves to grind.

Reactions: RocketMan70
1 - 20 of 222 Posts