Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johnny in full slowbot mode, edging ever closer to old age Karlovic movement. Sweet opportunity for Korda to get to be annihilated by The Nadal in 4R.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
@SuperG got it right.

One of the first times I have thought John Isner looked old, but a lot was to do with Sebastian Korda who played a very good match.

He is one to watch.

Sebastian Korda has some strange mannerisms. He sometimes celebrates a point like a lines judge making an out call.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Probably the worst possible conditions for Isner. Slow and low bouncing, his serve is completely nullified.

Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
@SuperG got it right.

One of the first times I have thought John Isner looked old, but a lot was to do with Sebastian Korda who played a very good match.

He is one to watch.

Sebastian Korda has some strange mannerisms. He sometimes celebrates a point like a lines judge making an out call.
His dad was a weird one on court so he comes by it naturally.

Good result. The less I see of Isner in tournaments these days, the better.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
An American who can play on clay? Yep. Korda looks ready to establish himself in the top 100.

·
9,603 Posts
Korda looking great here. Super attitude. John shuda stayed in aMerica

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Wonderful win for Korda and American tennis. Korda has looked fantastic since August, complete game, good head, weapons, fire and very good results vs top players. Something very special could be in the making here.

·
Registered
671 Posts
God bless America.

·
Registered
59,356 Posts
Nadal is gonna have the easiest 4R ever.
Isner looks pretty much done, his movement is awful.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I've said it many times, every time Jizzner loses, an angel gets its wings. 👼

Seb, I'm fanboying you! Well done.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Tell me how Korda does not look like a potential major winner.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
@SuperG got it right.

He is one to watch.

Nice—that makes two forum users who have actually seen him play in this tournament!

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
Another seed out, crazy

·
Registered
17,942 Posts
Korda did well to expose Isner's movevement. He seems to be a different breed than all the other Americans.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The only match I saw today and the first time I saw Korda for longer than highlights on YT.

Very decent player, but surpassing his dad is a no can do mission. Top50 potential for sure, nice and composed match from him

1 - 20 of 24 Posts