Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolute annihilation. It was 6-2 6-2 after exactly 1 hour.

Not sure what was going on with Sandgren, but he was horrendous today. He could not hit through the court at all, moved bad for his standards and had loads of unforced errors. On the other side, Galán dealt with his shots with ease. There was one moment where Sandgren got frustrated, kept talking to himself/his coach and just didn't even attempt to hit a return on a Galán service, who simply hit an ace. Sandgren stood there with his racket pointing down.

After Galán lead with another break in set 3, he started to make a bit more errors, but Sandgren was just too bad to take the minor chances. He missed a smash and hit a bad dropshot in the last game. It was just not his day today.

Galán W/UE: 19-22
Sandgren W/UE: 26-52

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for Galan have never seen him play, hipe he breaks into the top 100.
He was solid from the baseline, did not make a lot of errors (until set 3), but hard to gauge his level based on this performance, since Sandgren was so bad.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Galan Riveros has a 100% record against top 90 players at ATP tournaments on clay. Djokovic better be prepared ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I watched parts of the match, was really surprised Tennys got beat so badly. I think the 5 set first round took too much out of him, a shame but at least he got to round 2.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It was a total and unexpected annihilation.
But to be honest, I dont even think Galan played special. Strange because Sandgren is a guy who always seem to fight till the last point.

Djokovic will eat alive that second serve

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Expected result honestly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts