Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow start but didn't let the opponent serve the set out - for the fifth straight time including the Querrey match! - and never looked back besides a dip spanning from mid-3rd to start of the fourth set. Fockin'A started the fourth by breaking, then Rubble delivered a tasty hidden bagel. Potent groundstrokes, QF with Tsits is entirely within his reach.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Rublev barely won set one and this should've been another 5 set match. I can't tell who's playing worse between Tsitsipas and Rublev atm.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
What the fuck is with all these name acronyms? Just write the damn name you lazy bastards.

Reactions: wildemu

·
23,473 Posts
@DinnerWarrior Can't say it's stupid, seeing it's just the maternal and paternal surname just put in one -- many ways to write surnames like the -ovs and -ovas in Slavic countries. Still, I think this is fine, although I don't think ADF is a known acronym for Davidovich Fokina, probably due to him being an up and comer rather than the "stereotypical Spanish player".

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@DinnerWarrior Can't say it's stupid, seeing it's just the maternal and paternal surname just put in one -- many ways to write surnames like the -ovs and -ovas in Slavic countries. Still, I think this is fine, although I don't think ADF is a known acronym for Davidovich Fokina, probably due to him being an up and comer rather than the "stereotypical Spanish player".
What's stupid about this one is using the feminine form as part of a masculine surname. Grates me and other Russian speakers. Figures: father is Davidovich, mother is Fokina, so kid is Davidovich Fokina like mom, instead of Fokin. The opposite example I recall would be Tatiana Golovin, following French rules. Don't like this, stop butchering our surnames dammit.

·
Registered
68,069 Posts
Struggling but winning, can’t complain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts