Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Absolute madness. One of the longest matches ever, this contest lasted over 6 hours, its fifth set alone crossing the 3h mark. Serves Moutet right for failing to serve it out three times.

Moutet fared much better in all basic stats: 25 more points won, even W-UE balance compared to Giustino's -39, better 1st serve in, 1st serve won and 2nd serve won percentages by 5-7% each, yet he failed. What a way to lose.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Waiting for hours for Angie.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,685 Posts
3hrs for 5th set alone, little over 6 hrs in all. Quite a miracle win for Giustino.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Good. I can't stand Moutet. Hulking around the court like he's man mountain. He's definitely got the Napoleon complex. Speaking to the umpire like such a condescending twat.

Well done to Giustino. He was frustrating to watch - incredible that he managed to win it eventually.

·
Registered
22,291 Posts

Fifth set was basically this over and over again. But especially Moutet, my god, he had absolutely no business losing this match but managed to fuck up at every important moment. Match appropriately ended on a bad bounce

·
Registered
59,964 Posts
Finally in one of these epic mugfests (unlike Londero and Rodionov, who both survived), it's the choker and not the chokee who loses in the end.

Real credit to Guistino, who was clearly more tired but hung in there. Dull game, but that took a lot of heart.

Moutet-Guistino has strong "Guistino victorious despite winning 30 fewer points" potential.
Pretty proud of my prediction from the 4th set. Ended up 25.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Good. I can't stand Moutet. Hulking around the court like he's man mountain. He's definitely got the Napoleon complex. Speaking to the umpire like such a condescending twat.

Well done to Giustino. He was frustrating to watch - incredible that he managed to win it eventually.
Moutet is a moron

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
They say cats have 7 lives. They are wrong, it is Giustino! Quite unbelievable how he won this with pure grit, when he looked like he was going to lose this countless times.

Though, i must admit i would have enjoyed Corentin "magic potion" Moutet getting spanked by Argentine superplayer Diego Schwartzman.

·
Registered
22,291 Posts
Thanks to both players for giving us this ridiculous battle to witness, with Moutet's variety, Giustino's grit from the baseline and the mental shortcomings of both these guys, and thanks to Roland Garros for being the only slam still allowing this to happen.
Has to be said, thank you to Roland Garros for standing firm :love:

·
justice for all
16,900 Posts
Hats off to the fighting spirit and mental toughness of Giustino. Not only he broke back three times when Moutet served for the match but edged two TB-s as well. So despite having won 25 fewer points he deserved it in the end.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
That scoreline! 🙃 Six hours and eleven minutes in total. Both winners imo.

I don't care what the ITF thinks, I love the French Open for not having a deciding tiebreak just to cut things short. If you want to win faster, come and get it faster.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts