Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
Pretty good match from Fabio, lost a close first set, came back and was playing better and better. Levelled the score and then got ahead in the 3rd set, but failed to serve it out for a 2-1 lead. He injured himself in the first point of the tiebreak and stopped running after the balls. Called the physio after the 3rd set but only had a talk with him, probably nothing to do about it. Shame, I hoped he would reach Nadal with this easy draw. Hope the injury is nothing serious. 😢

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Pretty good match from Fabio, lost a close first set, came back and was playing better and better. Levelled the score and then got ahead in the 3rd set, but failed to serve it out for a 2-1 lead. He injured himself in the first point of the tiebreak and stopped running after the balls. Called the physio after the 3rd set but only had a talk with him, probably nothing to do about it. Shame, I hoped he would reach Nadal with this easy draw. Hope the injury is nothing serious. 😢
I was wondering what happened. Too bad. Fabio can't stay healthy enough for any significant stretch in the recency. Hopefully, he'll find motivation for a couple more seasons, but won't be surprised if he's perfectly content with his achievements.

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
2020 is a season to forget for Fabio. I hope he can fully recover and be fit enough to compete with the best in 2021. I am happy to see the emergence of Sinner and Musetti, but I would like Fabio to stay 2 or 3 more seasons among the best 20 or 30 players of the world.

·
Registered
29,206 Posts
Sad to see Fognini in the 4th, he's normally like a fish in water on clay, but here he could hardly even move.

Get well soon Foggi.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Fognini is not at his physical or MENTAL peak at the moment.

·
Registered
29,206 Posts
Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
It's not the most surprising result in the world. Fabio Fogini is 33 and has only reached R16 three times at Roland Garros. He's a totally overrated player, in truth. You'd think he was an absolute genius the way people go on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
couldnt watch the game - was he really injured as the scoreline suggest but then why didnt he give up and instead continued? or was it the typical fabio stuff?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Kukushkin winning on clay. Sure, it's 2020.

Pity Fabio got injured, because it's always a pleasure to watch a natural talent.

·
Registered
68,134 Posts
Pathetic from fogna

Reactions: alwaysfan

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Horrible result for tennis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts