Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Didn't watch the match, only in patches, but Monfis was shite. First loss in the first round here since 2005. Don't know what happened to him during the break, but this is tragic stuff. He was also a break up in all 3 sets he lost.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts

Reactions: DinnerWarrior

·
Registered
21,931 Posts
Sad to see Ghostfils like this

And happy to see Bublik continuing his good form, excellent opportunity to reach R4 with Sonego and Albot/Fritz next

·
Registered
351 Posts
First time I took a serious look at Bublik because he did the underhand serve vs Garin.

He has it all and I'm surprised he's only 49th ranked.

Must have some mental issues but still young.

I'm a fan.

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Always a great day when Monfils loses. His level from Jan-Feb completely vanished.

Bublik on the other hand, with a very good BHDTL deserves all respect, he should go a long way in the coming years.

Reactions: Meles

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
out with the old, in with the new. i like this bublik kid.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
The double faults killed Monfils in this match, he should have won that 2nd set. Bublik is slowly becoming mentally tougher, he is no longer firing away stupid 2nd serves. It's surprising to see this improvement to be honest, i thought he was a lost cause like Tomic.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Nice win for Bublik. Nevertheless, the draw looks pretty free now for Schwartzman until the potential QF against Thiem.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Reactions: BodyServe

·
Registered
5,429 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Monfils has always been a clown. He’s never had anything to show for his foolishness all these years and I say good riddance. What a spectacular waste of talent.

Good luck to Bublik in the next round.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Monf played really good before corona and now he is far from that level he showed in februar

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Bublik is the hipster's Nick Kyrgios. Insane trick shots and some mentality problems, high potential that is yet to be fulfilled.

i think im gonna start to follow him closer, I love talented trickshotting headcases (Janowicz and Gulbis are two of my favourite players lol

Only cowards are diehard fans of the big 3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts