Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Spanish tennis federation wants Seville to host Spain's Davis Cup final against Argentina in December.

The federation says Seville fits all the necessary criteria to host the Dec. 2-4 event, when Spain looks to win its third trophy in four years.

The International Tennis Federation still has to approve the venue.

Spain won the second of its four Davis Cups in the Andalucian capital in 2004 when it beat the United States 3-2 in a series played at Seville's Olympic Stadium in front of a record 27,200 spectators.

Spain beat Argentina in Mar del Plata in the 2008 final.
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/Seville-to-host-SpainArgentina-Davis-Cup-final-71589754

Should be in Valencia :eek:

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
they should pick a different city, there was already a final in Seville :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good weather for outdoor clay in Sevilla though, at that time of year, but strangely I feel Spain might have an even easier time of it if they go indoor on a faster surface

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
One of my all time fave matches took place there.

Nadal just a kid, Roddick was still good, crowd was insane, what an atmosphere.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Del Po to crush everyone! No matter the surface! And he we'll play doubles alone and destroy Verdasco/Lopez!

·
Premium Member
20,524 Posts
Like I said, Valencia was the first option but, embarrassingly, the city doesn't have an indoor arena with capacity for 12,000 people, which is a requirement, and they couldn't play in one of the two stadiums of the city because they're home to football teams (Valencia CF and Levante). Our politicians are way too busy stealing the money or spending it in urban Formula 1 circuits or bloody sailing...

The Cartuja stadium in Sevilla is not the home turf of any big team (Sevilla CF and Betis have their own stadia), so there you go...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts