Discussion Starter #41
102 in the bag everyone! REJOICE :D

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Elated that he got this in the bag. And with it #2 seeding at Wimbledon. Hoping it proves to be a difference and he gets to avoid both Nadal and Djokovic till the finals. But you never know..He still gets a better chance of avoiding both. As for the tournament as a whole, he's always had it tough at Halle. It is a testament to his tenacity that he has won it a whooping 10 times. He's a had so many tough matches over the years and it has invariably only caught up to him in the finals like the 4 times he lost. No onto London!!!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I’m over the moon. First set gave me grey hair. Second set had me jumping for joy. I’m optimistic for Wimbledon

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
oh, the players are giving medals to the ballkids... I thought they only did this in Basel? Did this tournament have this part of the ceremony before and I just forgot?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
/9ESEvxmt_BA
Watch that video again and just look at Fed's footwork and body shape and nothing else. He makes everybody else, including the youngsters, look like oxen. There won't ever be another player like him, it's just insane.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Watch that video again and just look at Fed's footwork and body shape and nothing else. He makes everybody else, including the youngsters, look like oxen. There won't ever be another player like him, it's just insane.
Indeed, that's the secret of his longevity. Watching that video, if you didn't know his age, you would be unlikely to guess it. The video also makes nonsense of claims that Halle is a low-level tournament.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Indeed, that's the secret of his longevity. Watching that video, if you didn't know his age, you would be unlikely to guess it. The video also makes nonsense of claims that Halle is a low-level tournament.
+1!

Absolutely awesome stuff! Federer is just something else on grass. The pick ups where he volleys of his shoe tops, or tremendous half volleys, or attacking and hitting below the shins always just astonishes me. I know it is only highlights, but he seemed to have some pep on his groundstrokes, and the feel is there as always. I only got a chance to watch some of the RBA match, plus highlights, but I am delighted with this result. Very good to see Roger tested and coming so clutch (tiebreaks etc.) His results from clay also seem to be boding well for him, where his losses were not mental setbacks, and he played quite well exceeding expectations. I am cautiously optimistic for Wimbledon - he has as good a shot as anybody.

That said, with age comes spells where concentrations and form dip - it is hard to stay sharp for entire matches let alone tournaments, but if someone is going to do something magical, it will be Roger!

Thanks for the great thread guys, and thanks for the highlights @GMMT

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Can't get over how happy he is here :sobbing: :hug:

He just loves playing here - it is a special tournament for him. I remember him talking about how tennis just isn't about the slams and he enjoys some of the smaller tournaments with Halle at the top of his list. Very unique tourney. Good to see Roger soaking it all in!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts