Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Strange match.... Federer looks like he's struggling one minute, flying the next. Fucsovics is sharp one moment, clueless the next.

Fed up 2 sets to 1 now. let's hope he can put it away.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
1 set to go, cmon now 👏

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
victory in 4, we'll take it given that he could've easily lost against Millman 4-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-2!

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Roger wins the first set 6-3

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
damn, he got broken in set 2. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Loses second set 6-2 and then gets broken in the third... just can't believe it, don't know why he's so sloppy. :(

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Federer gets in trouble for swearing, fails to convert 3 BPs and is now getting a medical time-out... this is a disaster. :(

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Somehow... barely able to move or serve... Federer has won the 4th set in a TB. He saved seven (7) match points. o_O

Well.... mostly Sandgren choked. But anyways: Allez Roger!

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Federer just won the match... he had broken Sandgren earlier (was only his 2nd converted BP out of 14, I think.)

I honestly have NO IDEA what just happened! :LOL:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, what an amazing escape. Roger wins 63 in the fifth after saving 7 match points. I hope he can recover somehow for the next match.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
well that was something.... hope he's okay physically, but a demolition is coming against Djokovic

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
do we dare to hope, play without fear, you have nothing to lose Roger, best of luck!

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
well... I don't know if I should wish he had won that first set or not. :(
Djokovic leads by 2 sets to none, 7-6, 6-4

·
Premium Member
20,519 Posts
Been so tired, I struggled to wake up for the match -- it was around 4 am here. I kept dozing off during the first set. I kind of snapped awake when I saw Roger was leading 4-1. But maybe I should have stayed snoozing (we always think we jinx our players, don't we?) because he lost that advantage and it all went downhill from there. When the third set started I felt the exhaustion creeping up and let myself fall asleep... I still had work the next day. Had a terrible headache all day.

Hope Roger is OK.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts