Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it begins, a new year, a new decade. Best of luck in the final years of the maestro lets enjoy it while we can! Here is Federer potential path to the trophy:

R1: Johnson
R2: Krajinovic
R3: Hurkacz
R4: Shapovalov/Dimitrov
QF: Berretini/Fognini
SF: Djokovic/Tsitsipas
F: Nadal/Medvedev

·
Registered
965 Posts
A kind draw for Federer till the semis. Shapovalov/Hurcacz might prove to be problematic if he has an off day. But lets hope he comes out firing all cylinders.

·
Premium Member
20,587 Posts
Thanks for the thread!!

Here's a closer look at Roger's quarter:

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Hurkacz and Dimitrov can trouble him. Then, maybe, Coric; but these days, he is Boric.

The veteran will babysit the rookie Shapovalov, should he face him. Berrettini and Fognini? It is a time for Martini.

·
Premium Member
20,587 Posts
Trying to watch Roger... Missed most of it first because I was going between my mom's place and home, then because my tv cable box isn't working right. :mad: finally found a stream.

·
Premium Member
20,587 Posts
Nice n' easy win by Roger. I didn't get to see much, people are saying Roger was good and Johnson really didn't have anything to challenge him with. Shapo is out.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent start, he looked comfortable against Jhnson, very nice backhands in particular :) a good sign

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good start against Krajinovic, 3-0 :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a set and a break up, very positive!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 sets now 6-1, 6-4 Allez!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Super stuff by Fed! into R3

·
Premium Member
20,587 Posts
Saw the last set, Roger looking good! (y)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that was tooo much, what a legend!

Please play better against Fucsovics :p

Reactions: Kat_YYZ

·
Registered
12 Posts
What an escape. I thought he was done like a turkey at 4-8 in the super tiebreak. Millman was playing off his tree, swinging for the fences, guessing everything Roger was about to do, feeling zero pressure and everything was dropping in. And then somehow, Roger won the last 6 points. He played solid and didn't beat himself during those 6 points, and some luck probably went his way. Some positives- Roger didn't look too exhausted considering how long and physical that match was. In fact, I felt like Millman was also getting tired near the end, which is very, very rare and showed that Roger has put in a good amount of conditioning.

46 76(2) 64 46 76 (10-8)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
give it your all Roger, lets go! Fucsovics coming up shortly...

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4-6, 6-1 1 set a piece! hanging in the balance

1 - 20 of 37 Posts