Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW: Tsonga vs. Nadal

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revenge will be sweet.

Rafa to step it up and play his best match since the Wimbledon final. Mark my words :cool:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Nadal vs Tsonga : Discussion

well its on. the heavyweight fight is on. Nadal will face the new French sensation Tsonga in the 4th round.

what gives? is there anything Nadal can do, given his current form, to beat this guy?

thoughts? for starters, i think it goes without saying that Tsonga is going to blow Nadal off the court if Nadal cannot take care of his serve.

what else must Nadal do?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I´m not betting on this one, that´s for sure... :tape:

Good luck Raf. You´re going to need it... :unsure:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Tsonga in 2 or 3.

Tsongas confidence is soaring high and Nadal will have the pressure in losing back to back against Tsonga.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I have seen nothing from Rafa so far at this tournament that gives me any good faith that he will win this match. If he suddenly finds his 2007 IW form- he would have a very good chance but his recent play makes me doubtful. Tsonga's serve was humming today and he will likely be confident.

Some people here are in for a surprise
I would much rather be surprised than right in this matter. :lol:

I just hope Rafa can get out his play slump.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: Nadal vs Tsonga : Discussion

Nothing Nadal can do except call in sick.

He seems to be playing the worst he's played on hardcourts and God help him if this continues into the claycourt season.

I may bet all my Vcash on Tsonga :devil:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Tsonga is playing better and keeps his head. In 3 sets.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts

Nothing Nadal can do except call in sick.

He seems to be playing the worst he's played on hardcourts and God help him if this continues into the claycourt season.

I may bet all my Vcash on Tsonga :devil:
that is what i fear the most to be honest. i dont see how this dreadful form does not translate into some trouble even on clay.

this is a culmination of some really brain dead decisions that he and his camp have been making for the last 3 years.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

I hope Nadal wins, but unless he raises his level big time, he will be on his way to Miami.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Rooting for Rafa, of course - but I haven't seen him do anything yet that gives me any assurance that he'll indeed manage. If he doesn't manage to raise his playing level, especially in the sense of playing aggressive and attacking tennis, AND cut down the number of sloppy UEs, I'm afraid we're in for another pork meal soon. :scared:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If Rafa loses this match I'll leave MTF......

Not really, but he won't lose. I'm absolutely sure of it :rocker2:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts