Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the forecast, it will be windy rest of the week. Who is the best and worst in this condition?
Someone at a betting company wrote Nadal suffers in windy condition. That's seem wrong to my memory.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Rafi

·
Registered
21,931 Posts
Djokovic sucks in windy conditions. USO 12 defeated by Windray then last year's RG SF.
He was also getting owned by Ferrer at the 2012 USO before the organizers decided to cheat Ferrer out of a victory by suspending the match

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I think evertbody knows that wind is Djoker's kryptonite as it messes up his high precission game, he's used to play close to the lines with very little margin of error, especially his return is affected, as he always tries to return on the baseline and at the server's feet, heavy wind makes that shot lose accuracy.

But then again he's also known to adapt to his weakness and did so in his career many times. Although I don't really know how you can train to be better in windy conditions. Maybe a windtunnel or something.

Anyways, I just seen Diego winning so he handles wind quite well. AFAIK Dull isn't as much effected in windy conditions as he plays with some margin of error with his heavy top spin and clearence over the net.

From the others I honestly don't know.

Special mention. Murray was an exceptional good wind player, don't know if he still is, now that he's unfortunately part cyborg.

But we now have a roof over PC so I don't think with the prognosed rain that the roof will be open.

Reactions: chilazon

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
From weathercom
Wednesday: 12 mph winds on average
Friday: 8 mph winds on average
Sunday: 8 mph winds on average

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
That's what I'm seeing too. And it might even rain, so the match could be played under the roof.
Now can we agree that OP is either an absolute pelican, or looked at the wrong forecast? :LOL:

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Windray! Wind GOAT

Those were the days.

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Well TBH today wind is 25 kmh, rest of the week is 15/20 kmh ans saturday sunday is 5/10 kmh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts