Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, didn't find a more fitting one!
So, I was just wondering how this stuff works.
When I joined I saw that little green box on my profile and thought it would grow progressively to the half light-green, half-dark one (which, to my understanding, is the "best" one?). Instead I got that for no apparent reason in no time. Also, if I click on it it tells me I have about 830K Rep points which looks like an entirely random number. Can someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You pretty much have to be a dreadful insulting poster to get into the red a few I've seen not very common, usually just says reputation beyond repute...

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
When I joined I saw that little green box on my profile and thought it would grow progressively to the half light-green, half-dark one (which, to my understanding, is the "best" one?). Instead I got that for no apparent reason in no time. Also, if I click on it it tells me I have about 830K Rep points which looks like an entirely random number. Can someone enlighten me?
The rep system was initially more interesting. Idea is that you give 1% of your own total to the person you rep (a badrep subtracts 0,5% of your total). You went gratually from one green to two, three and so on, until eventually reaching the full eleven. Unfortuantely, after the forum had existed a few years the accumulated rep points became so large that almost any rep takes you immediately up to eleven. The number GSMnadal gave is the maximum number of points, and many of those who's been here a couple of years have reached it. At that point you simply stand still. Unless you get a badrep, when the total shrinks again, but the next goodrep will probably take you back to maximum.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I go to another forum for college sports and they have a cool system. Each post can be thumbed up or down and it shows the % approval and each specific poster has a % overall. It's good for weeding out the Gamecock fans who try and infiltrate with no other reason than to insult Clemson

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
If you get to 15,000 you get a personal hit session with Andy Murray

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Rep system is used here as a sort of SMS you can send to other users, points don't matter

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I go to another forum for college sports and they have a cool system. Each post can be thumbed up or down and it shows the % approval and each specific poster has a % overall. It's good for weeding out the Gamecock fans who try and infiltrate with no other reason than to insult Clemson
i thought this would be a good system, yet figured it isn't common enough because of resemblance to FB.

But i don't see why it wouldn't be a good think, i'd all for such a system.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
The rep system was initially more interesting. Idea is that you give 1% of your own total to the person you rep (a badrep subtracts 0,5% of your total). You went gratually from one green to two, three and so on, until eventually reaching the full eleven. Unfortuantely, after the forum had existed a few years the accumulated rep points became so large that almost any rep takes you immediately up to eleven. The number GSMnadal gave is the maximum number of points, and many of those who's been here a couple of years have reached it. At that point you simply stand still. Unless you get a badrep, when the total shrinks again, but the next goodrep will probably take you back to maximum.
Weak-sauce.

I maxed out in a year because I am such an awesome poster.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
The work similarly to notifications of Facebook. That is, your sense of self worth should be directly proportionate to how much you get.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I have like 189708600 points , I thought that number is at random and Admin abandoned rep up system, giving up any new dude gazillion number in reps so meany trolls would not bad rap them for no reason.

I even have proof . Two people bad rapped me for like...I donno why.But then again, bad rep is that all about anyway...

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
I have like 189708600 points , I thought that number is at random and Admin abandoned rep up system, giving up any new dude gazillion number in reps so meany trolls would not bad rap them for no reason.

I even have proof . Two people bad rapped me for like...I donno why.But then again, bad rep is that all about anyway...
Actually most if not all the users should have reputation of 2147483647 which is the maximum value:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647

1 - 17 of 17 Posts