Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the train to Sjoukje’s on Saturday afternoon, I arrived there around 7 pm. First we met CooCooCachoo in the train as well lol. The next day we went to Schiphol Airport, our plane left at 5 pm. We arrived at the hostal on Gran Via at 8 pm. Birte (Sommarsverige) was already there. It was very nice meeting her, she is such a great lady. :)

On Monday we left quite early. We got there around 10:30, because we had to pick up the tickets first and we didn’t want to miss anything. First we went to see who was practising; first there were Juan Carlos Ferrero and David Nalbandian who were hitting some balls. (Sorry I couldn’t kick his ass, Claudia, but he was too far away and there was a net between us.) They were the practice sluts of the day. :rolls: First Nalbandian trained with a couple of guys, but Ferrero couldn’t let that happen and came back later to practise again lol. Then some French guys came along, I recognised Monfils and Bennetteau from afar. Then Richard Gasquet and Rafael Nadal practised together, and on the court next to that one there were Fernando Verdasco and Carlos Moya. Sjoukje was almost fainting with all that beauty on one court. :lol: After Nando’s training we told him to come to the curtain (Sjoukje had already told Pepo Clavet, his coach, that we had presents for him.). Sjoukje showed him all the presents, and I think he was very pleased with the Belgian chocolate I got for him. :lol: We had it in a mug with the text “Fer’s mug, with love, the Nando Chicas”, but he didn’t even notice that. He was like, ooooooh what’s in there? :lick: :lol: He was so sweet and seemed very happy with everything. He deserves it. :)

Then we went to see some matches, which weren’t very good to be honest. Gaudio vs. Massu was a bit boring, and Gaston looked like a rag. He retired after Massu won the second set. Later we heard that he was having stomach problems or something. After that we watched Moya vs. Chela. Carlos lost quickly. Then we went back to the practice courts; we saw Marcos Baghdatis, Mario Ancic, Marat Safin, Dmitry Tursunov, and Nikolaj Davydenko. Tommy Robredo was there too, he came out to sign afterwards and was very sweet to the fans. Sjoukje took some lovely pics of that.

The evening matches weren’t that great either. First we got spotted by a photographer, because we were wearing our Nando Chica T-Shirts, and he desperately wanted a picture of us lol. Verdasco vs. Henman was not very good for us Nando Chicas. He lost in two sets, and looked quite tired. Afterwards we heard from his girlfriend that he is very tired and that he really needs a holiday. :hug: Then there was Lopez vs. Ginepri, of which the first set was almost titled, “let’s bagel Feli”. He played better in the second set, but in the third there was some controversy about a challenge. Ginepri made a rock sign in the air, and the crowd started booing him. It was awful, me and Sjoukje were like, huh, what’s happening? The booing lasted for about ten minutes. The Americans in the public were annoying, especially the Blake brothers. They weren’t exactly cooling everyone down, on the contrary. They cheered as loud as they could. When Thomas Blake passed us by, he made a nasty comment about the public. But what if the same thing happened in America? Wouldn’t the spectators be offended or something? And what about the behaviour of the J-Block then? :shrug: So you could say that the Blake brothers did not exactly charm us. :lol:

First mission on Tuesday: Starbucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had an icecold frappuccino with chocolate, so yummy. :lick: Then we went to the training courts, where Tommy Robredo was practising. He wore a lovely shirt with “Wanna play with me?” on it. Sjoukje told him it was a lovely shirt he was wearing and asked him if he had nobody to play with. He just grinned. :lol: The matches on both courts were delayed because it had been raining inside and they had to dry the courts. I went to watch a bit of Olivier Rochus who was playing Robin Söderling, but Olivier lost the first set quite easily, and then I left again. On the big screen at the practice courts we could follow the match on centre court, and we saw Monfils hurting his ankle. It seemed very painful and he was taken away in a wheelchair, poor guy.

Then we went to watch Tommy Robredo vs. Juan Ignacio Chela. He went a break down in each set, but still won in two sets. Frustrating match. :lol: And not that special either. Fernando was watching with his girlfriend Priscila, and Sjoukje wanted to ask if he had signed her pictures already and if he had them with him. We were afraid we would miss him, because he leaves quite fast. I jumped over the bar and ran to him to keep him busy until Sjoukje got there lol. He was really friendly and was so close to me *faint faint*. I was shaking all over. :lol: He said he was going to be at Federer’s match, but later Priscila told us that they were stuck in the traffic and that they returned home.

After that we went to court 1, where Ram/Erlich were playing Bhupathi/Blake. I really like Andy and Yoni, I had never seen them play before. They kicked butt lol. We stayed on court 1 for Lopez/Nadal vs. Knowles/Nestor. It was a very entertaining match, very exciting. Feli and Rafa won the first set 6-4 and then quickly went 1-5 in the second. Then they won 4 games in a row, but then Feli got broken and the others served it out. The tiebreak was nervewrecking, and they lost in the end. Me and Sjoukje went for something to eat (btw, the food is SO much better than last year. And the prices are more acceptable this time lol.) and then I went back to court 1 for Joachim Johansson vs. Juan Martin Del Potro. Oh my fucking Nando, that man needs a haircut, NOW :lol: It was :scared: Me and Birte were like the only ones cheering for Pim Pim. When I yelled “Come on, Joachim!” when he was 0-40 down, the people behind me were like, no no, not good. :lol: I only stayed for a couple of minutes because I wanted to see Fernando at Federer’s match against Nico Massu, but of course he didn’t turn up. It was an entertaining match anyway. And the final match was Marat Safin vs. Jose Acasuso, which was very very frustrating lol. We were happy that Marat won in the end anyway.

On Wednesday we went to the internetcafe first, and then straight to the practice courts. I went to watch a bit of Vliegen vs. Blake. Almost all the other matches of the day lasted very long, 3 sets. Then we waited for Fernando to come to practise, because we had received the training schedule. He turned up at 4pm. His girlfriend Priscila and his father Jose were there too. Sjoukje wanted to know if Fernando got her signed pictures, so she went to Priscila. She was so very nice and made sure that Fernando gave her the envelope. All signed. :) Then Priscila introduced her to daddy Verdasco, and he invited us to Café de Chinitas, which isn’t very far from our hostal. We were supposed to be there at 10 pm, so we missed Safin vs. Baghdatis, which was a shame because I really wanted to see it. Fernando was practising with Vince Spadea, and Sjoukje had the great idea to make a picture of Birte and me with him in the background, all sweaty :scared: :lol:

Then we went to centre court to watch Ferrero lose to Söderling quite easily. Rafael Nadal was programmed after that, but we decided not to go. We needed the time to get ready for the night out lol. We didn’t know what to expect over there. Daddy was there when we got in, and we had Serrano ham and fried shrimps and salmon. The flamenco show was great, the singing was a bit off tone :unsure: but it was really cool to see it. We had a great dinner and we also got a can of sangria. When we got up, we were like wheeeeeee :rolls: We got key chains from the waiter when we left. On our way back to the hostal we were giggling and everyone was staring at us. :lol: It was the first time I have ever been drunk lol.

On Thursday we went to Tommy Robredo vs. Robby Ginepri. The crowd seemed to have forgiven the American for what happened on Monday night. Of course we lost another Spaniard. Then we stayed at the practice courts because Fernando was supposed to be training, but he didn’t show up. Later on we found out he had been watching Federer vs. Söderling, which we watched on the big screen. I saw a bit of Roddick vs. Berdych on the small screens when we were having lunch.

Then I went to court 1 to watch Knowles/Nestor vs. Erlich/Ram, because Johansson was supposed to be playing Fernando Gonzalez after that. The doubles match was quite long; Knowles and Nestor had been up 5-0 in the second set, but lost in the tiebreak. In the end they still won, but the difference wasn’t all that big. Afterwards they told us that PimPim had retired because of a sore throat or something.

I went back to centre court, where Vliegen was playing Marat Safin. That was a pretty good match. Sjoukje was there too and we watched it until the end. After this we went back to the practice courts, but still no Fernando. We did see Mario Ancic and some kid that we didn’t know. I was curious and I asked some people who seemed to know him. Sergio Perez or something.

We went to see Nadal vs. Haas on Centre court. It was a pretty good match, but the crowd wasn’t appreciating the Haas fans. :( I mean, I am not a big fan of Haas, but if people cheer for someone, you don’t boo or whistle at them. We skipped Murray vs. Djokovic because we wanted to have a decent dinner. We had sangria again, and this time it was worse than the day before. :eek: Sjoukje took some pics of us back at the hostel, and not very flattering ones either. :lol:

On Friday we were supposed to go and see some of the city, but the weather was shitty so we decided to go to a shopping mall and later to Plaza Mayor. We also went to the Fnac and bought some cds (Keane, Queens Of The Stone Age, the Killers and Dirty Pretty Things for me). In the evening we went to the Hardrock Café, which is always fun. We took some pics (horrible ones :lol: ) with the cocktails to send to daddy Verdasco in a thank you card.

On Saturday we said goodbye to Birte and took the plane to Holland. We arrived around 7 pm at Sjoukje’s home. And on Sunday I went home by train.

I had a wonderful time, a big thank you to Sjoukje, Birte, Fernando, Priscila and daddy Verdasco. :hug:

·
Premium Member
62,990 Posts
:rolls: whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

:yeah: great report! :hug:

·
DO THE LOCHTE
14,040 Posts
Very very cool report :hug: Sounds like you had a lot of fun and so a lot of great players (what I would give to see a Marat vs Chucho match :inlove: :inlove: And Mario *faints* :lol: ) I'm very glad you had a good time and thanks for the pics :hug: :hug:

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Glad you had a jubbley time freya, but DON'T call my man a slut in future. Thanks, love you xxx (hee hee haa haa)

G

·
0 Posts
It must have been so cool for you to come so close to your Nando and all :D:banana:
you had lots of fun eh?
Since you missed all the sightseeing because of the weather, i offer you to be your city guide on your next visit!:D :angel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts