1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68,525 Posts
if true, omg....end of the tournament for sure

·
Registered
21,640 Posts
Seems like an enormous clown, he didn't even know Fognini was already confirmed. None of the Italians know anything

·
Registered
68,525 Posts

·
Registered
59,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like an enormous clown, he didn't even know Fognini was already confirmed. None of the Italians know anything
Yeah, that's not too convincing lol. He definitely has sources though, look at his guest list. Gilbert, Courier, Tipsarevic...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looking forward to a more reliable, preferably official, source on this. Was hoping we'll they'd be able to continue the tour normally until the end of the season, but this doesn't sound promising at all, if true.

·
Registered
68,525 Posts
if true, they will cancel the tournament, no doubts about it...

·
Registered
68,525 Posts
That is for sure, but what worries me even more is the rest of the European leg of the tour we have left this season.
true, if same players are playing...more tournaments would be cancelled

shitty year this2020

·
Your visions will happen
48,640 Posts
Will they cancel the tournament or just let it rip?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
None of the Italians know anything
If the situation really is that bad then that seems to me the only reason why. I know the resort where this tournament is held (Forte Village Resort - Luxury family resort in Sardinia, Italy). It's usually an ITF event if I'm not wrong, but if there is a place on Sardinia with the infrastructure to handle such an event all on its own then this one is clearly up there. There definitely is some truth to this old joke:

Heaven:
  • The police are British
  • The cooks are French
  • The engineers are German
  • The administrators are Swiss
  • The lovers are Italian
Hell:
  • The police are German
  • The cooks are British
  • The engineers are Italian
  • The administrators are French
  • The lovers are Swiss

·
justice for all
15,238 Posts
We should thank our lucky stars that at least the two slams were played and finished successfully during COVID era.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As of now only Fognini has been tested positive. If Musetti or any other player had been tested positive the ATP tour would have disclosed it and had any players still in the draw like Musetti withdraw from the tournament. If that had not been done then the ATP would be sued and organizers could have criminal charges against them. So source was wrong. The source was right about Fognini but as of not about the 19 other players. Yes that could eventually change but as a source he is not asked to speculate on the outcome. No pat on the back for him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts