Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Won Delray Beach last year..cracked the top 40. Blew a 5-3 lead to Ofner in the 3rd in Kitzbuhel . Drops to 0-9 on the year. Literally morphing into 2019 Jack Sock who actually beat him in Delray this year down a break in the 3rd.馃様

Registered
He keeps trying to play injured, but I would think the break would have fixed that, not sure what his excuse is now.

Super Moderator
I thought he was only a reddit thing
He is because he did an AskMeAnything on reddit before it became a thing basically a few years ago. That鈥檚 like mtf鈥檚 love to Delpo

Registered
I remember he beat John Isner in a tournament 2 or 3 years ago, someone commented "better bot won".

Registered
Scheduled to play Rome(Q), Hamburg(Q), RG.

Should be 0-12 for the year after that.
One down. 0-10 now.

I think the problem is that Albot played well above his real level for a while. He is not the kind of player that should be playing ATP tournaments all the year.

When he drops back to tournaments like Bangalore challenger - I am sure he will start winning again.

MONSOON season.
One down. 0-10 now.

I think the problem is that Albot played well above his real level for a while. He is not the kind of player that should be playing ATP tournaments all the year.

When he drops back to tournaments like Bangalore challenger - I am sure he will start winning again.
Agreed. His ranking is inflated because of some fluke runs.

Registered
Agreed. His ranking is inflated because of some fluke runs.
Whats a fluke run? And what are numerous fluke runs?

I have an idea, but I don鈥榯 see how it applies to Radu.

It鈥榮 sad how people try to take away from a player when the player was inly good for some time.

Musta been a fluke!

Reactions: Break point Dom.

MONSOON season.
Whats a fluke run? And what are numerous fluke runs?

I have an idea, but I don鈥榯 see how it applies to Radu.

It鈥榮 sad how people try to take away from a player when the player was inly good for some time.

Musta been a fluke!
I mean that Radu's average level is Challenger level, but he sometimes goes on a hot streak. These streaks make him ranked higher than most of his matches would suggest. He obviously can play very well, but he doesn't reach that level very often.

Registered
I mean that Radu's average level is Challenger level, but he sometimes goes on a hot streak. These streaks make him ranked higher than most of his matches would suggest. He obviously can play very well, but he doesn't reach that level very often.
that's not what a fluke is.

As long as he earned his run on his own merit, all is fine.

He was 35-26 at ATP level last year. Not a hot streak.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts