• Muller in 3

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two huge servers on a very fast hard court. Bozo has been broken only once in four matches, Muller hasn't been broken at all. This match should be decided by a few return pts here and there because neither has a very good return game. I think Bozo will take this as Gilles has to be a little tired from playing so many matches the last few months.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Muller is dominating CH circuit and will probably win this one as well.
Great week for Bozo. Hopefully he can build some momentum and keep it for the rest of the season. One of the most talented players ever never to make it to top 100.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
muller will win. i would like ilija to win instead though

·
Registered
327 Posts
Two huge servers on a very fast hard court. Bozo has been broken only once in four matches, Muller hasn't been broken at all. This match should be decided by a few return pts here and there because neither has a very good return game. I think Bozo will take this as Gilles has to be a little tired from playing so many matches the last few months.
I doubt that he'll be too tired, especially since most rallies here should be very short. He was more tired during the Asia swing and won three tournaments in a row. Muller's return game is actually a lot better in 2014 than it was previously, although it's of course still a weakness. If Muller really wants to crack the top 50 this year (he didn't state that as a goal, but he can do it), he has to win matches like this one. It would also give him some confidence for Winstom-Salem, which will probably be his first ATP250 tournament this year.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Just checked Muller´s record in last few months, wining Guadalajara in MExico than few challengers in ASia, pretty good grass season, now again 2nd F in row - he lost to Kavcic in Portoroz last week, i am surprised he is not in Bogota with that field he could have made it far with good draw maybe even win, why not, don t know how many challengers he can count to his ranking, but really playing only challengers it´s weird his ranking is good enough to play 250s and his level is also good enough to not loose R1 there

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Yeah i'm surprised Muller didn't play Newport and Bogota, could have easily reached QF at least in both.. Maybe he wanted to stay in Europe, who knows.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Yeah i'm surprised Muller didn't play Newport and Bogota, could have easily reached QF at least in both.. Maybe he wanted to stay in Europe, who knows.
Don´t know how it is with ranking, i mean if he is winning challengers left-right i don´t believe he can count them all, so maybe SF at 250 is better when it counts to his ranking don´t know, about staying in Europe, those are now smaller challengers Portoroz and REcanati, probably won´t make much money, but is ,,safe,, mony with his form and competition he knows he can earn something, while maybe flying to Colombia paying hotel and so on and loosing in 1st or 2nd round may be risky

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
After Recanati, Muller hasn't entered any tournament until Winston Salem (the week before the USO). A four week break.

Maybe he has gotten used so much to staying with his family during his long injury break that he has set different priorities now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts