Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Murray wanted to win Wimbledon, so he hired Ivan Lendl who has never won a wimbledon.
Djokovic wanted to win French Open, so he hired Boris Becker who has never won a French Open.

Andy Murray wanted to win more than 2 grand slams, so he hired Amelie Mauresmo who did not win more than 2 grand slams.

Do they think celebrity players who ended their careers with burning desire to achieve something might actually help them?

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I'm not sure. Maybe the players just want to get their name out there by creating publicity.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Tomic will hire celebrity coach Johnny Groove to himself back on track soon.
Tomic does not need a coach. If anything he'll just get his father to gutter stomp his next opponent so Bernie can W/O all 7 matches.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm sure some people would say "Andy Murray wanted to stop acting like a woman, so he hired a female coach"...

/escape

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure. Maybe the players just want to get their name out there by creating publicity.
Very much possible.

Three out of the big 4 hired celeb coaches, I wonder why Nadal didn't do that.
At least he could have added on more coach to his team, not necessarily a celeb.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
OP should hire a celebrity MTF thread-starter as a forum coach, if his ambition is to avoid creating inane threads.

My guess is these people were hired because the players concerned thought they would help them win tennis matches.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Andy Murray wanted to win Wimbledon, so he hired Ivan Lendl who has never won a wimbledon.
Djokovic wanted to win French Open, so he hired Boris Becker who has never won a French Open.

Andy Murray wanted to win more than 2 grand slams, so he hired Amelie Mauresmo who did not win more than 2 grand slams.

Do they think celebrity players who ended their careers with burning desire to achieve something might actually help them?
Yes - sure!!

Big coaches have their own fans and they'll may start to support the players from then on.

I never liked Andy but now I want him to have success because of Amelie-GOAT :worship:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes - sure!!

Big coaches have their own fans and they'll may start to support the players from then on.

I never liked Andy but now I want him to have success because of Amelie-GOAT :worship:

Good point...yes the celeb coaches fans would rally behind the player.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Nadal is doing just fine with Uncle Toni. His game is so unique that I doubt that any other coach would be a big help to him. I doubt that Becker or Edberg will be much of a help to Roger and Novak at this stage of their careers. Murray was a very talented but immature and stubborn brat when Lendl became his coach, therefore, I think tha Ivan was the strong father image and great player that Andy would respect enough to listen to, which made them an ideal team.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Very much possible.

Three out of the big 4 hired celeb coaches, I wonder why Nadal didn't do that.
At least he could have added on more coach to his team, not necessarily a celeb.
He doesnt need a celebrity coach. He has the best coach possible. Blood is thicker then water, you´ve heard of that right?

Thats why this partnership has lasted so long with so many wins.

Now back to the question. Maybe PR, maybe because these new coaches have actually wons something. Lendl was better for murray then becker for Nole.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts