Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Registered

King Of Tennis
Once King overthrows the ATP, that dumb as fuck rule will be abolished, and so will all these idiots who created it and dare to implement it against him. Hope they seethe when 18 happens.

Registered
Lol it was always like this, I agree it鈥檚 stupid but he should have known this long time ago. ATP and ITF tournaments have different rules on shotclock. Has been like this since 2018. What a clown
You've completely missed the point. The only reason this was an issue for Djokovic is because last week the ATP had umpires starting the clock for the next point after the players went to their towels (which obviously is taking considerably more time considering there are no ball boys to bring it to them). That has never been the rule on the ATP, but they were granting leniency in this instance given the COVID-19 situation.

This week, in contrast, the ITF umpires are starting the clock as soon as the point is over. The ITF is not granting the same leniency for whatever reason. Djokovic is taking issue with the fact that this change/lack of leniency was not communicated to the players.

Rankings Master
Once King overthrows the ATP, that dumb as fuck rule will be abolished, and so will all these idiots who created it and dare to implement it against him. Hope they seethe when 18 happens.
You're being a tad dramatic here. Nobody is overthrowing the ATP any time soon. Plus, the US Open is not governed by the ATP, it's USTA.

Registered
You've completely missed the point. The only reason this was an issue for Djokovic is because last week the ATP had umpires starting the clock for the next point after the players went to their towels (which obviously is taking considerably more time considering there are no ball boys to bring it to them). That has never been the rule on the ATP, but they were granting leniency in this instance given the COVID-19 situation.

This week, in contrast, the ITF umpires are starting the clock as soon as the point is over. The ITF is not granting the same leniency for whatever reason. Djokovic is taking issue with the fact that this change/lack of leniency was not communicated to the players.
You are spoiling a big opportunity for yet another Djoko-bashing. How insensitive of you.

Registered
Why do tennis players need that fucking towel after every point? If there is one thing I hate about tennis, this is it. Imagine football players requesting a towel after every pass they make.
No idea. For a month of mountain trekking I didn't use a towel on trails while these sissies need it after every point.

Premium Member
Why do tennis players need that fucking towel after every point? If there is one thing I hate about tennis, this is it. Imagine football players requesting a towel after every pass they make.
Because it's far easier to hit a tennis ball without sweat in your eyes and to swing a tennis racket with a dry racket grip? Seems kind of obvious to me..

Registered
I agree, wiping face after every point a bit stupid. But, it doesn't mean that u should use the same shotclock rule as if ball boys were there with the towels. At least, follow the logic.

Reactions: Silverbullet96
1 - 20 of 78 Posts