Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
Joined
·
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exclusive documentary on Roger Federer's career.

as of today, this dvd is available in shops here in Switzerland. and it's in English!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
Mrs. B said:
The exclusive documentary on Roger Federer's career.

as of today, this dvd is available in shops here in Switzerland. and it's in English!
How can we buy this from the US, is what I wonder?
 

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
Joined
·
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is what they wrote on Roger's site, Pam.

Sales are limited to Switzerland due to legal reasons for the moment, fans from Switzerland can order the DVD under the link below. We will keep you updated as soon as there are news regarding the international distribution.
 

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
Joined
·
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Yukio-san! :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
Mrs. B said:
this is what they wrote on Roger's site, Pam.

Sales are limited to Switzerland due to legal reasons for the moment, fans from Switzerland can order the DVD under the link below. We will keep you updated as soon as there are news regarding the international distribution.
I don't see why fans couldn't purchase via online orders directly to Switzerland just like we did ordering his calendar. This is strange. I don't think we will ever get this DVD available in the US. We still can't order RF Colgne either. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
1sun said:
dont rub it in swissy people. we will probably never get to see it :sad:
Now I am convinced that I should move to Switzerland. They have everything.
 

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
Joined
·
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eve83 at Roger's site says she heard it can be shipped out of Switzerland through:

www.dvd-shop.ch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,783 Posts
PamV said:
That won't stop me from ordering as long as they can translate my payment into dollars.
yeah but dont you have to sign up and shit and how do you know where to order it and stuff. its kinda hard you know it being in german and all. ive got my mums credit card waiting but just dont know what to do.
btw will it work on our dvd players? you know format and all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
1sun said:
yeah but dont you have to sign up and shit and how do you know where to order it and stuff. its kinda hard you know it being in german and all. ive got my mums credit card waiting but just dont know what to do.
btw will it work on our dvd players? you know format and all?
I tried the site and like you say....it's not evident where the ORDER button is. LOL! There is a translation site that could help (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) but in this case it doesn't look like there is an order button any where.

On Roger's site, it was said that the format of the DVD won't work in the US at this point. If that's the case, then why did they first tell us there were legal reasons that they couldn't sell it within the US yet? Maybe they have sold the rights to some US distributor who will transfer this to our DVD format. However.....what's the deal with the different DVD formats anyway? Why would there be different formats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,684 Posts
I have to say I liked the DVD very much. I wished it could have lasted a bit longer, but it shows rare images of Roger and the interviews with various people are worth listening to. I didn't expect that Mr. Rogert Federer (Roger's father) could speak English that well! :eek: I cry all the time when I see Roger's interview in the center coart of Wimbledon after the final 2003.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,783 Posts
PamV said:
I tried the site and like you say....it's not evident where the ORDER button is. LOL! There is a translation site that could help (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) but in this case it doesn't look like there is an order button any where.

On Roger's site, it was said that the format of the DVD won't work in the US at this point. If that's the case, then why did they first tell us there were legal reasons that they couldn't sell it within the US yet? Maybe they have sold the rights to some US distributor who will transfer this to our DVD format. However.....what's the deal with the different DVD formats anyway? Why would there be different formats?
i dunno, just to make things more difficult. :shrug: maybe we should just wait until it comes out for us, but if you find a way to get it let me know please :yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,783 Posts
Stevens Point said:
This DVD is in code 2. You need to have the DVD player which can run code 2 DVDs or better a code-free DVD player.
that makes no sense to me, i just read blah blah blah..........blah blah. :shrug: but cheers anyway :yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
Stevens Point said:
This DVD is in code 2. You need to have the DVD player which can run code 2 DVDs or better a code-free DVD player.
I've never heard of code 2 before. In the US they talk about R- or R+ .
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top