Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week or so ago I said something to the effect of "there is no way that France can lose this tie, unless they actually try to lose it :p"

Well I've thought about that, and analysed a bit more ;)

And I'm not confident with that at all :eek:

In fact I think that it might come back to haunt me :D *deletes posts* ;) ;)

But seriously, I think that this tie has the potential to go down to the wire.

I was wrong to count out the USA team, although I still think that France will win :wavey:

Either way - may the winner LOSE in the next round :D ;)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I dont know. Right now the USA looks like slight faves to me. If it was held on hardcourts in USA than the US would be hugely faves. Even if it was clay in a natural country i would still favorite the Amricans.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
arnaud HATES clay
he said in monte carlo 2001 'clay makes me sick'

·
Registered
117 Posts
For someone who doesn't like clay, Clement played quite well on it today. He was getting to almost every ball.

Clement def. Roddick 46 76 76 61

Go Blake!!!

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Go France !!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Arnaud isn't good on clay
but he was playing a overhyped prima donna

any decent player would regard Arnaud as easy pickings on clay

·
Registered
136 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Arnaud isn't good on clay
but he was playing a overhyped prima donna

any decent player would regard Arnaud as easy pickings on clay
I agree its not his best surface but remember some of his matches in FO vs Agassi and Corretja, he both lost them after he had matchpoints, i think saying he's useless on clay was a bit too much..

Besides he's an amazing DC player..

As for Andy he showed he lacks experience and still has to improve his game. His serve was amazing, 70% of first serves in i think, but it wasnt enough..

It was a good match! :D

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
It looks like Eggy was wrong. Clement can play on clay. He was tremendous today. Congrats to France!

Oh, and what happened to Grosjean's bad back?

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the cat- Grosjean said a couple days ago that he was prety sure it would be better for the tie, and apparently he was correct :)

Allex la France :D :D

This is great, I was thinking it was going to be 1-1 after today... I have a feeling that Fabrice and Michael will seal it tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It was a great match...both players had luck and pluck on their side at both times.

Arnaud isn't useless on clay but it certainly isn't his best surface...of course it is certainly Andy's worst surface, though.

A couple points and it could have been straight sets for Andy, but Arnaud wore him down and got inside his head....Andy needed to win in three and he couldn't.

I have a feeling France will clinch with the doubles also...I couldn't care less about the USA winning the Davis Cup, but now we won't get to see Russia on TV in the final here :sad:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts