Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Tragic indeed. Losing both parents in such a short period of time. Condolences and stay strong, Roberto!

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sad news...I remember when he lost his mom, he came back pretty quickly and played very well. I always liked him and that impressed me even more. He's a strong guy and a good guy too. Feel bad for him and I'm sure he'll come stronger next season.

Btw Stevie Johnson lost his dad and came better after that. Tragedies and tough times either make you or break you. Both of these guys became stronger and it shows what they're made of. Condolences to RBA and his family

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Very very sad news...all the best for RBA!! Be strong!!

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
He must be in a terrible state right now. All this loss, grief and suffering. My heart goes out to him.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
This is very sad and I feel awful for him. Losing one parent let alone both is absolutely devastating and I can’t imagine the grief he’s going through right now. Unfortunately these things happen and there’s not much we can do about it but I’m sure he will get stronger from it. Hopefully he can come back strong and overcome this.

·
Registered
900 Posts
That's so sad ?
Stay strong Roberto!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
:sick: He just lost his mom last year (who was pretty young), and now his dad too? Unbelievable.

That poor guy. :cry: I extend my deepest sympathy to him and his family.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
This is really heartbreaking to learn. I wish there was some way we could communication our condolences to him personally.

Here's his official Web site. Each of us could send our private condolences to him this way:

I just tried sending him a message, but for some reason I keep getting this error:

The field is required.

One or more fields have an error. Please check and try again.

If anyone else is successful in getting a message through to him, please post here.

This reminds me of something a former high school teacher of mine once said in the local paper:

I think whenever you lose someone you love and get beyond the shock, you see how important human relationships are and how insignificant everything else is.

:(

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
If anyone else is successful in getting a message through to him, please post here.
You can leave a message on his latest post on any of his Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Look it up, man.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
You can leave a message on his latest post on any of his Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Look it up, man.

I'm not a big fan of social media, which I find extremely shallow. Also, not everyone wants the whole world reading their message. In addition, this article states that leaving condolences on social media is basically useless:

Of course, you could argue that sending condolences to someone through their Web site isn't that helpful either—and that may be true. But at least it's a bit more personal.

·
Registered
24,809 Posts
poor man :tears:

·
|
15,822 Posts
Yeah it would be very extreme to lose a parent and then lose the other parent a year later, really weird scenario, because he'd probably have become closer with his father just after his mother died.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
He was thankful to all the support he received and he is back with the Spanish team.
If Spain reaches the final, he should play tomorrow as PCB is injured

1 - 20 of 32 Posts