1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was fantastic, from the "draw from hells"
The dram started immeditatly with R1 Kohlschreiber
Followed up with Nadals-Brown match,..
Later on the Kev vs Nole match.. theres not been boring days to say the least.. intense since first round..

Federer doing 56/11 W/UE to take out the Wimbledon fav. Murray..
Novak making another Multi slam year..

Record breaking heat, with the classic NID Brittish Rain.

This Wimbledon has been fantastic and classic, i rate it 9/10.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
8/10. It would have been 10/10 if AELTC and British media didn't try so hard to set is up for Murray and make it as difficult as possible for Novak.

Thankfully it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
would have been 10/10 if Federer had won...

8/10. Unexpectedly good results from some of my favorites:)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
9/10. Nadal owned early by some random guy and No1e beating the greatest grasscourt player of all time in the final. Would have given a perfect mark if not for the awful crowd.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If Fed wasn't around until the final stages this tournament would have sucked bad with a piece of **** final, just like AO.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I rate it a big fat 9, so many dreams were broken by King Djoker.

·
23,510 Posts
I feel that I was underwhelmed due to the top players really didn't have a solid test on their paths (I felt all Top 4 had easy draws for their abilities IMO, with Stan stumbling on the final block), KAnderson choke was quite NID, 2 of the Top 8 seeds are out due to injury, one even before the tournaments starts which screwed up Kohli's chances, Kyrgios negativity throughout the tournament, and no surprising breakthroughs like last year with Kyrgios, Dimitrov and Raonic reaching their top QFs (maybe Pospisil I guess).

Probably I am pleased about Monfils' craziness this tournament (not trying much but reached 3rd Round. :lol:), Haas' decent performance against Raonic, Gasquet's nice run to the SF (although the SF was just an anti-climax), and I guess Andujar winning his 1st grass matches :lol: but other than that it feels a bit uneventful.

I give it a 7/10.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
There were a few interesting matches, but everything was suffering from anticlimatic, predictable endings, so in the end no great story there, very forgettable tournament with a fitting lacklustre final without any suspense.

Brown-Nadal: great match by Brown to take out Nadal, but predictably lost in the very next round. :sad:
Berankis-Cilic: great match by Berankis, but in the end went down to Cilic
Anderson-Djokovic: Anderson did good to get a 2-0 lead, but couldn't get it done
Gasquet-Wawrinka: happy for Richard, but predictably went down next round without giving much of a fight
Murray-Federer: nuff said

·
Registered
16,835 Posts
I felt all Top 4 had easy draws for their abilities IMO, with Stan stumbling on the final block)
He did not just stumble, but got outplayed in the end. As many here predicted.

KAnderson choke was quite NID
That wasn't a choke, he just doublefaulted twice in a row. :haha: :haha: :haha:

I would rate it 8/10. Some really interesting matchups, though not really epic matches.
Murray crushing out in SF was justice done at the right time.
Djokovic winning proved here many tards wrong.
Couldn't wish for more, just for some more epic matches that we had to miss here. Many players were in bad form or just played bad at their last match.

·
23,510 Posts
He did not just stumble, but got outplayed in the end. As many here predicted.
Being 2 Sets to one up was being outplayed? I would say it's 50:50, but Stan had his chances there.

That wasn't a choke, he just doublefaulted twice in a row. :haha: :haha: :haha:
I still count that moment of pressure where you haven't had that for the past games as a choke. It won't be a choke if at least Anderson made Djokovic play on those moments, but he didn't. :shrug:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'll rate it several ways:

Quality 5 setters: I'll give it a 9/10 even if the quantity wasn't that much (there was some shit ones but the great ones compensate). You had Djokovic coming down two sets to love in two TIGHTLY contested tiebreakers 6-8 6-8 which would really damage one's nerves, yet he gets through it like it never happened to begin with. Then you have Gasquet with the biggest surprise of the final rounds. Knocking out Wawrinka in 5 sets, ruining the party of the big 4. These two five setters will leave profound memories of Wimbledon.

Serving: 11/10. I'm going to give extra credit. The serving at this year's Wimbledon has been ridiculously hot. Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Anderson, even Gasquet.

****s: 8/10 Simon straight setting Berdych, Federer not giving Murray any breathing room on returning his serves.

Injury situation: 7.5/10 Ferrer withdrew and Nishikori out early but regardless the tournament wasn't that bad at all.

Final: 8.5/10 wasn't a classic but it was still respectable in its own rights. Two close sets before Djokovic took over.

Averaged out score= 8.8 Good stuff!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Some great tennis on display at times. Some entertaining matches. Niemanen vs Hewitt seems like an age ago, but that was fun. Murray kept British hopes up for a while but those hopes were obliterated on Friday by Fed. Djokovic winning in the end also cheers me up big time. Pretty good slam really.
The fact that Novak was two sets down to an inspired Anderson, who was serving out of his mind, so that Novak had to play an extra day and still beat peak Federer in the final made this a great Wimbledon for me.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Federer peaked - Check
Nadal schooled early rounds - check
Djokovic overcomes external factors- check
Djokovic wins the tournament - check
Murray hyped only to disappoint once again - check
Djokovic defeats either Federer or Nadal - check

PERFECT tournament if you ask me. What more could I ask?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
From a Novak fan point of view it was terrific. In general I was disappointing in the fed-Murray match was really looking forward to that and the fact that Nadal again bowed out before the QFs. Did enjoy Dustin Brown performance though along with Cilc- Isner and Gasquet-Stan. That was about it for me.

7/10

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I voted 7, largely for personal reasons:

The Good
The decent run by The Bag, including an epic comeback win that I was actually in the crowd for
Fed making the final
Fed straight setting Murray
Brown beating Nadal (and on Centre Court no less)

The Bad
Fed not winning the final
Bag ultimately going out in rather lame fashion (admittedly to a red hot Goffin)
Brown not getting to the QF when the chance was there

So overall I would say the positives outweighed the negatives.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts