Mens Tennis Forums banner

How Do You Rate (10 highest, 1 lowest)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was quite a fortnight. Around the first three rounds, lots of Bo3 and Bo5 matches and great storylines. Young guys like Rune, Brooksby and Alcaraz showing what they're made of. Best American showing for the men's singles in a long while with Brooksby, Tiafoe, Opelka and Sock in entertaining matches. Seppi turning back to clock beating 2 players much younger than him in long Sets. Shapovalov and FAA actually doing pretty well, with a shock loss by the former to Harris who is the next SA great. Nishikori and Monfils playing some pretty good tennis again. Tsitsipas-Murray with the Toiletgate, Trungelliti-ADF with a classy ending, Karatsev-Thompson and Karatsev-Brooksby with thrilling 5 Setters, Sock-Bublik epic at night, Sinner-Monfils, Tiafoe-Rublev, Tiafoe-FAA, FAA-RBA,BvDZ-Schwartzman, just a lot of epic memorable epic matches. BvDZ being a Dutch hope of a tour player, Alcaraz announcing himself especially after beating Tstisipas, Brookby's confidence against Djokovic...

The 2nd week may had been a bit dull (only 5 Setter was Djokovic-A. Zverev) which kinda pegged the enjoyment down a bit. Djokovic not showing great level in the Final also is a negative. No Federer and Nadal to add to the 21st Slam story, although this has shown you don't necessarily need them to have a great tournament. The crowd was electric even though later on they become a bit too rowdy. Medvedev finally won a Slam and was prepared against Djokovic. Very emotional end for Djokovic that surprised me how much CYGS pressure affected him. The women's side was also pretty great and shown consistency (all Top 20 in the R32)...only to be taken advantage by 2 teens who have played great tennis against top players. How do you rate this fortnight?

Registered
One of the best in years. I mean 2019 and 20 had memorable finals so that was missing here. Otherwise it would have been better had Djoker came back and made a match of it.

Only thing that will top this is a Fedal or Djokodal for 21 or maybe 21-21 all馃槼

Registered
the quality isn't high, but I'll give a good 7 for the new Champion, of course I would have rated it higher if it went the other way

Registered
The second week was underwhelming and the men's final was a big disappointment. There were some good matches early on in the tournament. I'd give it a score of 7.

Registered
The first week was really good, with many tight matches and some interesting new faces, from the QFs it was rather disappointing with only one match (Zverev-Djokovic) where the result was really in doubt during most of the match. Altogether, I give it 7/10.

Registered
Quality wise,i enjoyed only Zverev Djoko 1st set.Overall - quite boring.

Registered
a 9 because of raducanu.

Registered
I don't watch much WTA, in fact these days I struggle to find much ATP outside of the slams too. However I can't give it more than 8 as Djokovic fan, the build up followed by the disappointment is too much.

Even if Djokovic was not there, I wouldn't given it 10 because the final was lopsided along with one of the SFs. RG earlier this year towards the end was really fun.

Registered
10 for the Drama
10 for the new champion
7 - for the number of quality matches (a handful number tbh)
__
9 - overall

justice for all
5 at max.

Too many top players missing out (Fed, Nad, Dom, Stan, etc.).
Not many great, thrilling, high quality, dramatic matches - probably only Alcaraz - Tsitsipas.

The only upside was a new slam winner but the quality of the final was abysmal.

Registered
9 for me, watching Cressy S&V'ing PCB to death and breaking his heart might be the best match I've watched all year.

We got to see Ivo 1 last time, Tsitsipas gave us 2 great matches, Botic finding a second win vs Schwartzman when he should have been mentally broken, I even watched a lot of the women's side for the first time and enjoyed it (even if here in Britain we'll never hear the end of the final result until the AO before everyone gets carried away at the BBC during the grass swing next season).

Underwhelming men's final is the only reason I took a point off.

Registered
An 8 because of Botic van de Zandschulp his run and giving Dutch tennis a bit of colour on the cheeks again.

Registered
I put a 9, even if Djokovic lost. He went above my expectations following the Olympics by reaching the final. This year has been an amazing ride and I think he should be proud about what he has done.

Edit: well done to Raducanu also!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts