Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been the most surprising slam since 2017 AO by far, with Federer losing a 2-0 lead to Anderson, Djokovic winning an epic battle against Nadal and taking the title to end his two-year drought. It has been a slam of memorable matches, with Nadal-Del Potro, Djokovic-Nadal, Anderson-Federer and Anderson-Isner going the distance. The pair of semifinals lasting 12 hours is one for the record books and probably will be unparalleled for decades. After 5 straight slams with disappointing second weeks, this one certainly delivered in epic fashion, which will be more appreciated after this era ends. In addition, Wawrinka upsetting Dimitrov and Gulbis’s run to the 4th round are also notable surprises of the tournament. The anticlimactic final and relatively dull first week take a bit off this tournament, but I still give it a 9 for the element of surprise and epic matches.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Whilst I felt bitter about the manner in which Federer lost, overall I would rate this as the best slam since Australian Open 2017 in terms of quality and dramatic matches.

Last year's Wimbledon wasn't exciting even though I was happy about the end result. The last 2 French Open's have also been extremely boring and NID in general. US Open last year felt like a circus. Finally, this year's Australian Open was fine but nowhere near as special as AO 2017.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Great tournament, Much better than last year IMO. Was easily the best slam since AO 2017, A weak finals is the only thing preventing this from a 9 or 10. I'll go with an 8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts