Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
DC. Canada with France 4th rubber. Dancevic REPLACING Raonic

Does anyone know what happened with Raonic that is not playing and has been replaced by Dancevic against Tsonga?:confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts
like I said in the Davis Cup thread in the Canada forum, the Doubles Decision of putting Milos in to play with Nestor is becoming more and more of a joke.

A fresher Raonic wouldn't have the same problem with his knee.

·
Premium Member
21,609 Posts
like I said in the Davis Cup thread in the Canada forum, the Doubles Decision of putting Milos in to play with Nestor is becoming more and more of a joke.

A fresher Raonic wouldn't have the same problem with his knee.
A straight sets doubles match shouldn't be that difficult on the body, I don't see why is that a problem, unless he already had problems after the first match?

·
Registered
588 Posts
So bad, it would be a good game I think

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Nooooo i was looking forward to this match whole day, what´s wrong with Milos? hope nothing serious, he has San Jose and Memphis to defend and he was in good form, FRA as expected will advance Jo will routine win in straight sets

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
A straight sets doubles match shouldn't be that difficult on the body, I don't see why is that a problem, unless he already had problems after the first match?
They must have known his knee was not perfectly fine, as he's been wearing bandage around it for a while. Though I thought it was due to niggling pains or just for precaution. *sigh*

Mon :http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/sites/default/files/MilosPushups.JPG
Wed :http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/sites/default/files/GaloMilos.JPG
Fri: http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/sites/default/files/milos5five.jpg

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is getting to be a bad trend in Milos' career. Getting hurt in a less physical doubles match doesn't bode well.
Kind of like the guy on your avatar :sad:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Ouch. That really sucks. I guess it takes a little pressure off Pospisil.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
DAMMIT!!! Was really looking forward to this one :sad:.

Poor Milos, but I suppose health comes first. At least we can count on Jo winning his 4th rubber for sure now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
it sounds like it was sometying that wasnt super serious but he just wanted to avoid playing as a precaution. the commentator even said that the davis cup squad themselves were surprised. hmm what if theres some politics going on within the team after the coaches decision to play raonic in doubles instead of pospisil.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i still think canada had a decent shot if raonic played, he could have upset tsonga and popsisil is good enough to beat bennetau or a not 100% monfils.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
it sounds like it was sometying that wasnt super serious but he just wanted to avoid playing as a precaution. the commentator even said that the davis cup squad themselves were surprised. hmm what if theres some politics going on within the team after the coaches decision to play raonic in doubles instead of pospisil.
Surely you don't pull out of a Davis Cup match as a precaution! I'm sure he knows how much the Canadian fans care about him, how much they were looking forward to seeing him play and how disppointed they will be. There must be something seriously wrong with his knee. Otherwise he would play. I had never seen the Canadians so excited about Davis Cup before.

I hope he gets better soon. I hate injuries.

·
Registered
179 Posts
agreed, but i thought the commentator was saying something like he was out last year for 4 months and he doesnt want something like that after he has had such a great start to the season. dancevic is really doing well tho so far, fighting hard.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Laurendeau is an idiot. Raonic had some knee issues while training in Toronto even before going into the first match. Save him for the 2 singles matches.
Instead, let's take a guy with some knee trouble, put him in doubles where he's not familiar, and make his knee start and stop a whole bunch for 2+ hours.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts