Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Sad to see someone living in poverty like Federer missing out on all that cash.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Raonic only leads because he's participated in three USO series events, which means his points are doubled.

Fed's points will double (to 280, or 340 if he wins today) as soon as the US Open starts.

EDIT: Ignore me. Apparently it has to be 3 events not including the US Open.

·
23,064 Posts
Raonic only leads because he's participated in three USO series events, which means his points are doubled.

Fed's points will double (to 280, or 300 if he wins today) as soon as the US Open starts.
They say that the US Open doesn't count on the doubles bonus though (or the USO Series points for that matter).

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
They say that the US Open doesn't count on the doubles bonus though (or the USO Series points for that matter).
So if Isner plays WS, he gets 70 points, raising his total to 155. But then, because he participated in three events, wouldn't it double to 310, surpassing Raonic? Or am I talking out of my ass?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Useless :spit:
So now a titleless player wins the Series? Well done to the idiot who thought of this system.
Wait, what? Raonic won the Citi Open, and the only way Isner can surpass him is by winning Winston Salem. If what BBTG says is true, Fed can only surpass by winning Cincinnati. So where does titleless come in?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Meaningless award anyway.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Yes, you are right. Djokovic's points weren't doubled in 2011 for this reason, which is how Mardy Fish finished #1.

Very strange system, IMO.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Thread about "insert topic" trolling post about Federer. NID
Well, rather some lame jokes on MTF than spending my days on Twitter calling Nadull a disgusting piece of shit at every opportunity ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts