Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a comeback for the injured warrior. In 2016, he made his game all-court and I really thought we would see consistent results in slams and then injuries happened. We love to mock gen useless but they have played Big 4 during their peak/prime and it took a toll on them mentally.

It took Fed more than a decade to solve Nadal problem, Djokovic a year like 2011 to solve the duopoly problem and Nadal is still clueless on non-clay against Fedovic. It's easy for us armchair analysts to comment.

Once Big 3 became relaxed in M1000 and ATP finals, next gen took the charge but are pretty much like lost gen in slams where Big 3 are dead serious.

In all likeliness Raonic loses in QF but let's hope Nishikori and Raonic have an uninjured rest of the career.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Very happy to see Raonic in good form. I have no doubt he'd easily return to the top 8 today if he can just avoid injuries, and would surely be a threat in Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Happy to see Raonic and his man boobs back at it. But would have preferred a youngster getting to teh QFs rather than a vet (is he a vet now?).

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
An amazing achievement really. He looks damn scary on serve, and,consequently, very comfortable in other aspects. He was calm like a summer breeze vs Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Happy for Milos, great comeback story and hope he can give a good match to Novak.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
After all the injuries, the Canadian kids taking his thunder, I am glad that he is doing well, and didn't come back as a servebot.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
No chance.
And it won't just be decided in tiebreaks either, Raonic WILL get broken by Nole- who has his number.
Djokovic broke every single opponent in Grand Slams since Lleyton Hewitt, USO 2006 (except for the Wimbledon match he resigned in set 2 against Berdych). So it would be very surprising if Raonic could avoid that altogether. The H2H is 9-0 in Djokovic's favour, but some of the matches were quite close. But I guess chances are around 90%-10% for Djokovic winning this.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hard to imagine Raonic beating Djok, but certainlly Rao is the toughest Djok will have faced so far, so maybe we'll see a little vulnerability somewhere in Djok? For a change?
I didn't see the Cilic match but i d id see the Tsitsi match and I have to say I never saw Raonic look that good on the BH and return, he has improved ...servebot no longer.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
He's not pudgey he looks like he always has
maybe not in past 2 years, but compare against 2016

Spot the difference. We used to call him Chief Wiggum, he's half way there.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts