Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
51,006 Posts
Raonic maybe can have a good run here, he look very strong and fit, he is playing with the confidence he had when he made some deep runs in slams couple years ago and was ranked top 5

As for Murray, well he needs more time. I think he did not play so bad, so long as he is healthy, there is no reason he cannot be top 20-30 for another 3-5 years on tour. If he is happy with that, that is certainly achievable

·
Registered
14,048 Posts
These two are shells of what they were in 2016 but that especially goes for Murray. He's a fraction of the player he was in those days. You could see flashes of it even in this match, but he's just not that guy anymore and likely never will be again.

Raonic on the other hand played reasonably well here. He can beat anybody left in this field not named Djokovic and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the final in a few days.

·
Registered
21,142 Posts
Raonic schooling Murray, for all the lost matches incl. that AO semi.
Nice revenge at last

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Surprised at the scoreline but not at who won. Raonic was playing really well and Murray got some good wins here but both his previous 2 opponents gave the match away at the end. Murray will continue to improve and I hope to see him do well at USO.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Raonic played really well his matches so far. He seems a bit out of form, but he is serving bombs at 140mph.
Raonic vs. Krajinovic will be a very interesting match.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
'the man of a thousand hairstyles' and the american twin towers are going to be extremely dangerous at the uso with these slick courts and balls.

murray deserves some slack. it was only his 3rd match of the year and in hot and humid conditions + coming off a very physical 3-setter with zverev.

Reactions: xcom

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Good to see Raonic going deep here and more so watching him play with the inside out more instead of charging the net.

As for Murray, he isn't there just yet but this tournament has been positive for him and will do much better soon enough as long as he stays injury free.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,877 Posts
Good to see Raonic going deep here and more so watching him play with the inside out more instead of charging the net.

As for Murray, he isn't there just yet but this tournament has been positive for him and will do much better soon enough as long as he stays injury free.
Murray's defenses are no longer as acute but Raonic had a very good strategy to keep court control and pin Murray back into difficult parts of the court. Body serve won't work against everyone but fairly useful against Murray who often hugs the baseline and likes to move forward to meet the return, basically got a nice 2nd shot to take control of the pt.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Raonic maybe can have a good run here, he look very strong and fit, he is playing with the confidence he had when he made some deep runs in slams couple years ago and was ranked top 5

As for Murray, well he needs more time. I think he did not play so bad, so long as he is healthy, there is no reason he cannot be top 20-30 for another 3-5 years on tour. If he is happy with that, that is certainly achievable
he just beat a top 10 player,no season he
cant be top 5

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
More than expected. Plus I think Murray is smart enough to know he had little to no chance vs Raonic and didn't really put too much stress on his body in this one.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts