Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live tennis

Milos Raonic continued his stunning start to 2012 by reaching his third final of the year with a 6-4 6-4 victory against Benjamin Becker to progress to the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships in Nashville. The exciting young Ontarian has been tearing up trees since the turn of the year, proving himself to be one of the best prospects around at the moment.

The Canadian number one clinched his ninth straight victory without conceding a set, courtesy of some clinical shot selection and superb work-rate, continuing the form he showed to triumph at last month’s San Jose on his way to a second successive SAP Open title. The 21-year old never let his German opponent get a foothold in the match, Raonic securing his place in the final in just under 75 minutes in Tennessee.

There will be many who will now believe the Canadian could well be one of the sport’s next big stars. The youngster will need to ignore all the hype he’s currently attracting with his impressive performances and instead focus on just maintaining his form into this summer’s Grand Slams.

This year could be a massive one in this young Canadian’s career and he looks in ideal condition heading into this summer. Raonic is certainly of the belief that he is much improved this year from the last, with recent displays definitely backing up that argument.

“I think I'm a much better player, and I've matured a lot so I've given myself the opportunity a lot better.”

“I felt last year I was more squeezing through the matches and just riding the confidence from San Jose.”

“This year I feel like I've been coming out of the matches the better player. And also I have improved. I'm a better player than I was a year ago.”

These developments are sure to be of note to those looking to capitalise on tennis betting offers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts