Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Disappointed that Horansky is already 19 and gained only 6 points this year. Great junior, poor profi.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Great depressing list. Tomic is the only promising guy on that list, still seriously questionable if he is going to be more than a top 10 player. Raonic is Karlovicesque but slightly better playing tennis, how much can he improve when he is turning 22 in 6 months?

Looking for 18 year olds, I find a Kubler ranked 64th turning 19 in 2 months. 400th in the world is not good when you are turning 19, remember Rafa was nr2? Nah, wont be so cruel to compare these bunch of avarage joes to Rafa, sorry lets say Djokovic and Murray were ranked in the top 20 when they turned 19. At the time Tomic is losing in 1st round here in IW, Djokovic was making finals of both Indian Wells and Miami (winning Miami).

This is clearly the worst generation I have ever seen. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic can safely dominate for another half decade or so.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Great depressing list. Tomic is the only promising guy on that list, still seriously questionable if he is going to be more than a top 10 player. Raonic is Karlovicesque but slightly better playing tennis, how much can he improve when he is turning 22 in 6 months?

Looking for 18 year olds, I find a Kubler ranked 64th turning 19 in 2 months. 400th in the world is not good when you are turning 19, remember Rafa was nr2? Nah, wont be so cruel to compare these bunch of avarage joes to Rafa, sorry lets say Djokovic and Murray were ranked in the top 20 when they turned 19. At the time Tomic is losing in 1st round here in IW, Djokovic was making finals of both Indian Wells and Miami (winning Miami).

This is clearly the worst generation I have ever seen. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic can safely dominate for another half decade or so.
:lol:

Let's not compare average joes to Rafa, instead let's compare them to a guy that already has 5 slams and will win many more!

:stupid:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
:lol:

Let's not compare average joes to Rafa, instead let's compare them to a guy that already has 5 slams and will win many more!

:stupid:
Ok, let us compare them to Gasquet defeating Federer in Monte Carlo at 18 and later playing final in Hamburg.

Anyway, the point is that we need a heir to take over from Djokovic, Federer and Nadal and it wont be any of these clowns. I need to look for players in their mid 20s rather 17-20 year olds, Del Potro turning 24 with all injury proneness seem the only one with slight possibility of taking over in the coming 3-4 years. Murray turning 25 ofcourse, all of these are just starting to leave their peak years and we are talking about them as only possible heirs to Djokovic/Nadal/Federer. Maybe even Federer at 33 is Djokovic's heir? :lol:

These youngsters are all a bunch of pranksters, will be around to get a spanking from 30-year olds in 3-4 years.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I wonder if some of these argentinian youngsters worth something. I have only seen playing Delbonis, great body and serve but I couldnt see anything remarkable.
Arguello? I hope he is better than his brother :S

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Dimitrov with 70 points in 2.5 months is not going to cut the mustard and why he's struggling to maintain his top 100 ranking.

Stebe on 60 points is even worse.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Goes to show how great the big three are. Three best ever in terms of ability. Would be neat to have prime Fed compete with Nadal and Djokovic to see who is the best all time.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Can't say anything yet.

Not necessary younger & earlier = better player in the future.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Raonic is number one on that list and he will stay #1. The only one with the potential to reach top 5. I don't think that Tomic will go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I've been commenting for quite sometime on just how weak that this generation is. There has to be some sort of record being set right now, as Tomic and Harrison are the only players under 20 to even be in the top 100.

Comparatively speaking, almost all of the top 32 are light years ahead of where this current crop is when the current top 32 were under 21. Just imagine how many Grand Slams that Nole, Rafa, or Fed could have had they been born either ten years earlier or ten years later.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
not everyone matures at the same rate guys. you are expecting these youngsters to steadily win bigger and bigger tournaments and rise in the rankings when they clearly lack the experience to do so. it is not a matter of time and age i think. one day one the youngsters games will just click and he will start winning maybe someone you never heard of there is no reason to panic just yet.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Still early, but in general, a quite disappointing generation so far. All they have at the moment are Raonic's 3 MM titles and Tomic's fluke Wimbledon QF run.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Don't you guys think this has something to do with the physicality of today's tennis? At 19 and younger, their bodies will not have matured enough to endure the ever growing length of rallies... The longer rallies also take alot more out of players mentally, which usually requires more experience.

I think this will explain the lack of teenagers in the top 100. I do still have the feeling that it is not the most talented generation..but I might be mistaken.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Don't you guys think this has something to do with the physicality of today's tennis? At 19 and younger, their bodies will not have matured enough to endure the ever growing length of rallies... The longer rallies also take alot more out of players mentally, which usually requires more experience.

I think this will explain the lack of teenagers in the top 100. I do still have the feeling that it is not the most talented generation..but I might be mistaken.
Chang, Nadal, Hewitt and Borg all loved to tire their older peers in endless rallies when they were 17-19.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
right, thats 3 guys, in as long as 30 years. I'm pretty sure they would statistically be seen as exceptional cases.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts