Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this was done before but I'm just curious. Be serious, no need to argue or fight, just post the top 10. And think before you post it, don't do it in 2 minutes.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
1. Nadal
2. Borg
3. Sampras
4. Federer
5. Agassi
6. Djokovic
7. Lendl
8. Wilander
9. Connors
10. McEnroe

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sorry if this was done before but I'm just curious. Be serious, no need to argue or fight, just post the top 10. And think before you post it, don't do it in 2 minutes.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
1. In-form Nadal
2. Healthy Nadal
3. Nadal in Love
4. Depressed Nadal
5. Injured Nadal
6. Junior Nadal
7. Right Handed Nadal
8. Deaf Nadal
9. Blind Nadal
10. Baby Nadal

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
This ranking obsession really doesn't make much sense.

You have 2 players which achievements are clearly above the rest, Fed and Laver.

If you're going by pure tennis genius instead of achievements, then it's Fed and McEnroe which are a clear cut above the rest.

Ranking the others is both difficult and uninteresting.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Sampras
4. Laver
5. Borg
6. Agassi
7. Lendl
8. Emerson
9. McEnroe
10. Connors
Emerson won all his slams in an era when the best players: Rosewall, Laver, Hoad and Gonzalez were on the pro tour. He won nothing in the open era, therefore, Emerson's 12 slams are overrated. Federer won most of his slams at the end of one strong era and just before another strong era. In that the pro tour has no esteem here, I will only rank OPEN ERA results.

NADAL- Won all his slams in tough era, dominating Federer
FEDERER- All time great player with great game style
SAMPRAS- Great fast court player, poor on clay
BORG- Boring game, no hard court slams, won FO and Wimby same year several times.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Federer
Laver
Sampras

The rest you can spin-around in whichever way you want.

Nadal possibly scrapes the top 5, Djokovic marginally scrapes the top 10 (If we were being generous)

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
1. Nadal
2. Sampras
3. Borg
4. Federer
5. Agassi
6. McEnore
7. Lendl
8. Edberg
9. Wilander
10. Laver

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
1. Nadal
2. Borg
3. Laver
4. Federer
5. Djokovic
6. Agassi
7. Sampras
8. McEnroe
9. Connors
10. Lendl
You have Andre fucking Agassi and Djoker ahead of Pistol Pete?

Bannable offense?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Sorry, I'm a bit of an admirer of Djokoivc, but even I can see how he is getting far too much admiration and credit here based off what he has achieved.

He's failed to win a major more than one at any slam other than the Australian, he's choked away two grandslam finals, the french and the us open last year and isn't doing much on grass either.

Why is Djokovic gaining so much respect here? Is it because he is fresh in people's minds?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Sorry, I'm a bit of an admirer of Djokoivc, but even I can see how he is getting far too much admiration and credit here based off what he has achieved.

He's failed to win a major more than one at any slam other than the Australian, he's choked away two grandslam finals, the french and the us open last year and isn't doing much on grass either.

Why is Djokovic gaining so much respect here? Is it because he is fresh in people's minds?
If his slam final performances was fresh in ppls minds - He would be nowhere near this top 10 table.

He is voted here because they remember his 2011 and his consistency in reaching deep into slams. He s just unlucky to be born in GOAT era to not convert those.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Djokovic

Australian Open W (2008, 2011, 2012, 2013)
French Open F (2012, 2014)
Wimbledon W (2011)
US Open W (2011)

Sampras

Australian Open W (1994, 1997)
French Open SF (1996)
Wimbledon W (1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
US Open W (1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2002)

So what's going on? What's the average age here? 16? None of you were around during the Sampras/Aggasi era? What a fucking joke.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Federer>>Sampras>LAver:wavey:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts