Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining in my neck of the woods today, and this gives me an opportunity to read.

First up, I'm reading Brave New World for adolescent literature class. I haven't read this book in over fifteen years! I'm halfway through the book and will finish it tonight (I need a reading break). Reading the highly political and social arguments of some posters made me realize just how powerful societal indoctrination is. Although we'll never come to an agreement on whose ideological viewpoints are right, it behooves us very much to at least understand where those viewpoints come from and why.

Second, I'm going to read something for pleasure to balance things out-Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry. As said before, I saw this performed onstage by our local Actors' Guild back in 2001. Just last year, the class I was observing read this aloud and discussed it. I'm eager to read this for myself and draw my own conclusions.

Right now....I'm preparing myself a big pot of chili. Not only is it raining, but it's cold!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts