3) US Open 2013
-------------------------------
4) Australian Open 2009
5) Davis Cup 2004

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,751 Posts
No Wimbledon 2008?
AO 2009 was his first hardcourt slam win and he did it with tough 5 setters to beat Federer and Verdasco.
RG 2008 I guess his sheer dominance there in that event, not sets dropped.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
He included 2005 French Open, because it was his first grand slam and 2004 Davis Cup because it was his first Davis Cup and played at home. Otherwise, he would not.

2008 Wimbledon will be in the Top 6, for sure. Dethroning 5 time Wimbledon champion in this third consecutive finals attempt was not an easy task. Roddick was unsuccessful in dethroning Federer.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I respect that this is a thread involving Nadal but if there’s any reference to dethroning the ‘Grass King’, that belongs to Novak.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good that Rafa roasted prime 40-15rer at 08 and 09 showing him his place.Also,in 2007 Rafa already showed how fake our "grass king",should've closed him in 4,but 40-15rer got lucky

Reactions: Bakano

·
Registered
228 Posts
His greatest moment is when he scared Mirka into dropping her double cheeseburger onto the floor when he beat Fed at Wimbly 08

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Good that Rafa roasted prime 40-15rer at 08 and 09 showing him his place.Also,in 2007 Rafa already showed how fake our "grass king",should've closed him in 4,but 40-15rer got lucky
2019 WB: Fed over Nadal; 7-6, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
Novak over Fed; 7-6, 1-6, 7-6, 4-6, 13-12

Nothing ‘fake’ about it & i might add ding-dong, the witch is finally dead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I respect that this is a thread involving Nadal but if there’s any reference to dethroning the ‘Grass King’, that belongs to Novak.
Wow, you are something, aren't you? These are the actual facts, irrespective of whether you believe them or not.
1) Rafa dethroned the grass king: Rogie was the five time defending champion and rightly the king of grass. Nadal dethroned him in '08. On the contrary, Novak has never defeated Roger when the latter was a multiple time defending champion at Wimbledon.
2) Stan dethroned the Oz king: Novak was the three time defending champion in '14 and the overall 4 time winner. Stan took him out and went on to win that year.
3) Delpo dethroned the USO king: Roger was the five time defending champion in '09, and Delpo beat him in the finals.
4) Novak dethroned the "minor" Oz king: Roger was the two time defending champion and overall three time champion at the AO in '08. I say "minor king" because at that point, Roger wasn't the greatest at AO.

The closest Novak has ever come to dethroning (and subsequently getting crowned) a king has been at FO '15, but he didn't accomplish the latter.

To summarise, Novak has never dethroned the grass king. That honour rightly goes to Roger's true heir to GOATness, i.e., Rafael Nadal.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Keep making excuses for the 5-2 WB disparity which you’re lucky WB20 canceled or even more lopsided.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Bs, you don't respect it one bit. Another thread (= every single one) which you have derailed obsessing over Novak.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I’ll put it simply for u; which of the big 3 has been denied the most w/ cancellation of WB & b objective?

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
I’ll put it simply for u; which of the big 3 has been denied the most w/ cancellation of WB & b objective?
Even simpler: look at the thread title, then look at the first half of post #4, and put 1+1 together.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
AFAIK, we’re allowed to respond to posters’ comments w/in latitude but since no response to my ?, i’m assuming to know the answer to that one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Keep making excuses for the 5-2 WB disparity which you’re lucky WB20 canceled or even more lopsided.
There there Philly boy, no need to rant! Nobody is denying Novak's achievement on grass, or claiming that Rafa is better than him on grass..

Open the dictionary, look up the word "dethrone"....and come back. Any more continued rant from you at uncalled for places will confirm my suspicion about your sanity, and I ain't arguing no more with those unfortunate with their mental health.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
This isn’t about words, dictionary or sanity but basic arithmetic. Let’s see, 2 more additional WBs the Serb prevented Fed from would have meant 22 as your target so simmer down, who in hell were u expecting to stop the Swissman & help pave the road for Mallorcan’s path to GOAThood?

·
Registered
24 Posts
This isn’t about words, dictionary or sanity but basic arithmetic. Let’s see, 2 more additional WBs the Serb prevented Fed from would have meant 22 as your target so simmer down, who in hell were u expecting to stop the Swissman & help pave the road for Mallorcan’s path to GOAThood?
Q1. In the three Wimbledon finals between Novak and Roger, who were you supporting?

My answer: Novak Djokovic.

Q2. Who dethroned the grass court King?

My answer: Rafa Nadal.

Q3. Who has given the grass court King the most problems at Wimbledon?

My answer: Novak Djokovic

You see, the first question asks an opinion, and my answer is my opinion. The latter 2 questions pertain to facts, and theanswers are facts as well.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Overall, Q2 still to b determined but due to WB20 being scratched, Fraud’s record there will probably b safe for awhile as i’d b content w/ one more WB for Novak as HC is where his true legacy lies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts